Game: La-Mulana (2005)
Console: PC
Title: La-Mulana
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: FugalOmen

[attachment deleted by admin]

FugalOmen

I need to clarify some things:
- This is an arrangement of the theme from the original freeware 2005 version, not the 2012 remake.
- I am using Finale Notepad, so the .mus file is a bit of a mess due to lack of a Staff Tool. I also could not export the .mus file as a PDF, so I re-created the score in LilyPond and used its generated PDF. I apologize for the inconvenience. The PDF file is generally how I want the .mus file to be formatted. Feel free to open the .mus file in a fuller version of Finale and format it as well as make improvements, if you have a fuller version.
- Here is what the original theme sounds like: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZVqSy12SUWiQu90mAxdUuVwwhEruGJO8

Maelstrom

A few questions regarding the song:
Where did you get the name? The only name I can find is "La-Mulana" from La-Mulana
Do you have a way we can differentiate this from a sheet from the remake? Different title or something?
Was the original La-Mulana multiplatform?

Here's the updated file. Sorry it took so long.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0wy76n2yyulq5z/La-Mulana%20Title.mus?dl=1
I made a few changes:
changed diminuendo to a fade out
Put LH an octave higher with instructions to play an octave lower
Changed C time sig to 4/4

Overall, you did a great job on this. I hope you stick around and we see more from you

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 22, 2017, 12:07:21 PMDo you have a way we can differentiate this from a sheet from the remake? Different title or something?
Just add a year at the end? Like, "La-Mulana (2005)"?

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 22, 2017, 12:07:21 PMWas the original La-Mulana multiplatform?
According to Wikipedia, the original 2005 release was just for Windows. The remake appears to be the multiplatform one.

FugalOmen

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 22, 2017, 12:07:21 PMA few questions regarding the song:
Where did you get the name? The only name I can find is "La-Mulana" from La-Mulana
Do you have a way we can differentiate this from a sheet from the remake? Different title or something?
Was the original La-Mulana multiplatform?

I called it "Title" because it's the music that plays on the title screen. You're right, the track is actually called "La-Mulana", but I thought it would be a bit confusing if I said, "Hey, here's the track 'La-Mulana' from the game 'La-Mulana'". I should have also called it "La-Mulana (2005)" as well, as the orignal game is not multiplatform.

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 22, 2017, 12:07:21 PMHere's the updated file. Sorry it took so long.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0wy76n2yyulq5z/La-Mulana%20Title.mus?dl=1
I made a few changes:
changed diminuendo to a fade out
Put LH an octave higher with instructions to play an octave lower
Changed C time sig to 4/4

Overall, you did a great job on this. I hope you stick around and we see more from you

Thanks for the comment and improvements. I really appreciate it. My username, however, is "Fugal" (fyoo-guhl), not "Fungal". Don't worry about it, it got a chuckle out of me.

FugalOmen

Here's the updated file, just changed the title from "Title" to "La-Mulana" and "FungalOmen" to "FugalOmen": https://drive.google.com/open?id=12Xmmzs0KICe51UeE99FY2nNyTcAv8VAF

Maelstrom

Quote from: FugalOmen on December 23, 2017, 04:43:29 AMI called it "Title" because it's the music that plays on the title screen. You're right, the track is actually called "La-Mulana", but I thought it would be a bit confusing if I said, "Hey, here's the track 'La-Mulana' from the game 'La-Mulana'". I should have also called it "La-Mulana (2005)" as well, as the orignal game is not multiplatform.
I changed the submission info. After you change the game title in the sheet to La-Mulana (2005) and update the files, we'll be nearly done here.
Sorry about the username screw up, but I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.

FugalOmen

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 23, 2017, 07:56:21 AMI changed the submission info. After you change the game title in the sheet to La-Mulana (2005) and update the files, we'll be nearly done here.

Thanks for correcting my blunder. This should be it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fe_EwN91y85LyA6EU_ZCeHQ1O0AuPcT7

Maelstrom

Great. Just update the files and then I'll have another updater glance at it
You can do that by hitting the NSM panel button in the top bar and editing your submission.

FugalOmen

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 24, 2017, 08:43:08 AMGreat. Just update the files and then I'll have another updater glance at it
You can do that by hitting the NSM panel button in the top bar and editing your submission.

Should be done now.

Latios212

Be sure to generate the .mid and .pdf files off of the .mus file, and replace them in the submission as well.

If you're having trouble, just let us know and we can do that for you this one.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FugalOmen

Quote from: Latios212 on December 24, 2017, 12:51:23 PMBe sure to generate the .mid and .pdf files off of the .mus file, and replace them in the submission as well.

If you're having trouble, just let us know and we can do that for you this one.

Yeah, Notepad doesn't let one export as a PDF file. I'll need somebody else to do that for me. I did save the MIDI file off the MUS file, though.

Maelstrom

Final PDF exports are crap anyway. You'll want  to download a PDF printer. I use doPDF8.

Sebastian

I can just generate them for you when I get on my PC.

FugalOmen

I have (finally) used PDFCreator to generate a PDF file from the Finale file. It should be updated now. Sorry for the delay.