News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[GB] Game & Watch Gallery - "Manhole" by ShyYoshiGuy

Started by Zeta, May 31, 2018, 07:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Game & Watch Gallery
Console: Game Boy
Title: Manhole
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: ShyYoshiGuy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Olimar12345

Be sure to post the YouTube video in a reply when you submit something. This is so we can check to see if the notes/rhythms etc. are correct.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Looking at this a little more closely, there are some spots that you could incorporate more of the harmony in relatively easily:
-Measures 11-12 (and the same thing at 19-20) you can add the third above.
-Measures 29-34 leave plenty of room down below to add the missing voice.

Here's an edition that includes the above suggestions: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b50zof41xt467yu/Manhole_2018-1234567.mus?dl=1

Additionally, some might suggest using an 8va, but I don't think it's necessary. Pretty much everywhere up high in this arrangement works its way up scalular-ly, and the off-set octave jump that comes with adding an 8va would be more harm than potentially lowering other things.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

ShyYoshiGuy

I have updated the submission as you suggested.
"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Olimar12345

Maelstrom

I was going to suggest an 8va, but olimar brought up a valid point and I agree with it.
Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 31, 2018, 08:28:52 AMAdditionally, some might suggest using an 8va, but I don't think it's necessary. Pretty much everywhere up high in this arrangement works its way up scalular-ly, and the off-set octave jump that comes with adding an 8va would be more harm than potentially lowering other things.
Otherwise, this is an excellent first submission. Great job.

Accepted

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot