News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - "Hateno Village (Day)" by Nacho2420

Started by Zeta, December 27, 2017, 02:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Hateno Village (Day)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nacho2420

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

mikey

first thing I notice is that on the last page the bass rhythm sounds to be going top middle top whereas you've written it as bottom middle top.  any reason for that?
unmotivated

nacho2420

mikey

starting at like 1:06 in the youtube video which I believe is the start of the third page as well
unmotivated

nacho2420

I hear both actually, now that you pointed it out. I may add the top octave in later today. But yeah, the bottom notes are in the original; it'll be more present if you use good headphones/speakers

Edit: Added the top octaves in the left hand for the 3rd page

Latios212

Very nice work! I like this a lot.

- Small thing: you can put "and" on the second line of the composer info to even it out a bit.
- Though the right hand G is in its own layer between measures 1-2, I would recommend opting to hide the extra rests and flip the main layer's notes and articulations back to their original positions.
- Courtesy accidentals: They're nice to have, but a few I think are unnecessary, like the G in measure 9. On the contrary, it may be worth having one for the B flat later on in that measure, and for the C# at the beginning of measure 45.
- You've got some tie collisions in measure 12. Flip beats 1 and 2 downwards in the right hand. Similar thing in measure 14, flip those beats back downwards and make sure the slur isn't hitting anything.
- I'm not sure I hear the C naturals under the D's in the first half of measure 13...
- In measure 23, the timing of the B-A is too late. It should strike before beat 2.
- The D's between measures 25-26 should be tied.
- Flip the inner ties between measures 37-38.
- I would suggest splitting the layers on beat 4 of measure 40 as you did in measure 36.
- The slurs above the right hand in measures 36-41 right now are misleading as they start in one layer and end in another. To amend this, we can use one slur from the E at the end of 38 to the chord, one above the phrase from 38-40, and one below the notes in m. 40-41. Or something like that; experiment a bit and see what gives the most clarity.
- The voices in the right hand of the last system are difficult to follow. May I suggest something along the lines of this?

You cannot view this attachment.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Sweet, almost there! Just a couple follow-up comments from last time:
- Lower the rest back to its normal height in the first measure.
- A few slurs still confusingly group notes between two voices; I'd suggest splitting them to show the phrases more clearly. Measures 7-8, 36-40.
- The last E of measure 40 in the right hand should be in the lower layer, right?
- Just to double check, have you confirmed that the D naturals in measure 13 are indeed there?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

nacho2420

Fixed the slurs and the rests. For measure 41 with the E, I think it should stay in the 1st layer as it becomes the melody without any counter lines over it so it should be as is.

And yes, I do hear both C's and D's in measure 13.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Latios212 on January 22, 2018, 01:09:30 PM- The last E of measure 40 in the right hand should be in the lower layer, right?
This still needs to be fixed. It should be played in both layers at the same time.

nacho2420

Should I put the following 8th notes at the end of each bar after in two layers as well?

Latios212

No, that's not necessary; I just wanted to make it as clear as possible the melody goes D-E-F instead of just D-F.

You cannot view this attachment.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Awesome work with this sheet!

Two things from me and then this one is accepted:
- The slur is slightly clashing with the triplet "3" in M. 4.
- Go ahead and right align the D.C. to the end of the staff...basically make it line up like this:
Spoiler
[close]