News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

The Fifth Annual(?) NSM Superlatives!!

Started by Dudeman, January 01, 2018, 12:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

E. Gadd Industries

Spoiler
JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
[close]
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

this weekend is almost over, better hurry
unmotivated

Dudeman

Any comments related to the timeliness of the Superlatives will be shot. Not the people, the comments. You've been warned.

IT'S TIME FOR THE FIFTH ANNUAL NSM SUPER-LATE-IVES!
[BANG]
Dammit, what did I just say?

Friendliest
The Winner Is...
Hero of Trains!
It's funny, I can't remember the last time Trains was active for a significant period of time, and yet if you asked anyone, she would almost immediately come to mind for being one of the friendliest people around. We miss you, Trains! Don't leave forever!

Runner-Up
Latios212! Wheeeeeee~
[close]
[close]
Scariest
The Winner Is...
KefkaticFanatic!
A wise man (who happened to be a crime lord played by Tom Wilkinson) once said, "You always fear what you don't understand." Kefka rarely speaks, but the sheer thought of him would probably be enough to melt your skin off.

Runner-Up
IT'S A TIE! Dude and Dudeman! I guess we're practically the same person, and that's the scariest thing of all.
[close]
[close]
Calmest
The Winner Is...
Static!
I mean, it's electricity at rest. Really doesn't get much calmer than that. Also that low buzzing sound is pretty soothing...

Runner-Up
Sebastian! Don't make him angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.
[close]
[close]
Cutest
The Winner Is...
Nebbles!
She's got a really nice painting in her bathroom. I think that's the main reason she won.

Runner-Up
Altissimo! Does this confirm that NSM is a sausage fest?
[close]
[close]
Strongest
The Winner Is...
IT'S A TIE! BlackDragonSlayer and braixen1264!
If BDS and braixen got in a fight, we'd probably get to see what happened if an unstoppable force hit an immovable object. Which is which? I'll let you decide.

Runner-Up
Maelstrom! Have you seen his avatar? The guy's clearly ripped.
[close]
[close]
Frivolousest
The Winner Is...
Mashi!
Because, you know, of course he is. NSM is nothing if not consistent. He's so frivolous that it would probably be a better idea if he did the Superlatives every year.

Runner-Up
Dude! ...I don't think I really need to say anything more.
[close]
[close]
Longest
The Winner Is...
Bubbles!
It was close, but in the end, the longest child herself held on to her rightful place at the end of the arbitrarily-sized ruler. bow to the longest child ever.

Runner-Up
sipan1234! bow to the longest running joke ever.
[close]
[close]
The Most A+
The Winner Is...
Latios212!
He's a smart cookie with a bright future and a job with Amazon. A+.

Runner-Up
IT'S A TIE! Dudeman and Mashi! Bright minds think alike. Or something??
[close]
[close]
Biggest Fanboy/girl/person
The Winner Is...
BrainyLucario!
Only someone with a massive case of fanboyism could cling so tightly to Team Pearl. That's not an insult, I admire his tenacity. He knows what he loves and he's not about to change that any time soon.

Runner-Up
Maelstrom! See the above last sentence.
[close]
[close]
Biggest Hipster
The Winner Is...
Yug_Guy!
This yug guy is the definition of going against the flow. Mustache? Check. Refusing to spell "guy" correctly? Double-check.

Runner-Up
LeviR.star! Satellaview, Mega Man on Gameboy, Kirby, TCRF, spriting...the man's got some unconventional interests.
[close]
[close]
Most European
The Winner Is...
Ampharos Andy!
innit.txt

Runner-Up
Jamaha! I've been told he has a cool accent.
[close]
[close]
Most American
The Winner Is...
Dudeman!
Ha ha, really funny guys. Just because I have strong opinions doesn't mean I'm...um...U S A!  U S A!  U S A!

Runner-Up
Yug_Guy! Being a hipster and being American seem to go hand-in-hand.
[close]
[close]
Most Australian
The Winner Is...
WaluigiTime64!
So, if Australia is a fictional land filled with deadly monsters and inhabitable living conditions...does that mean Waluigi is a fake account that's actually run by bees?

Runner-Up
AwesomeYears! I'm pretty sure this man doesn't actually exist.
[close]
[close]
Most Canadian
The Winner Is...
InsigTurtle!
He's polite, he's friendly, and, most importantly, he sometimes spells things funny. Say it with me, everyone: Go home, Insig, you're drunk.

Runner-Up
JDMEK5! Your friendly neighborhood Updater is always here for you. When he's active, that is.
[close]
[close]
Most Likely to Succeed
The Winner Is...
Latios212!
Does the win still count if the Superlative recipient has already achieved success? Because Latios is well on his way to big success for the rest of his life. You rock, buddy.

Runner-Up
Olimar12345! He's a teacher, he plays a mad trombone, I doubt there's anything he can't do.
[close]
[close]
Most Likely To Be A Closet Anime Fan
The Winner Is...
mikey!
We all know the real reason you changed your name, mikey. The anime cops were out to get you, weren't they? Geez, that's rough. Good luck keeping your stash hidden.

Runner-Up
Dudeman! I mean, I made an anime review thread once that went nowhere (please don't read that again) so it's not really a closet thing...
[close]
[close]
Most Likely To Not Actually Exist
The Winner Is...
Zeta!
Okay guys, that's not funny. You remember Zeta, right? Benevolent goddess of NSM, likes rainbows, is definitely not a robot? Sheesh, kids these days...
hey staff, I think we need to update the paintjob on the cardboard cut-out; I think they're starting to get suspicious...

Runner-Up
Tobbeh99! I...who is this? I don't remember anyone by this name. Are you guys pranking me?
[close]
[close]
Most Likely To Actually Be A Ghost
The Winner Is...
Bespinben!
Given the rarity of Bespinben sightings, I wouldn't be surprised if he really is a malevolent spirit from beyond the grave, one that took his sheet formatting very seriously.

Runner-Up
Nebbles! Likes ghosts? Definitely is also a ghost.
[close]
[close]
Best Vocabulary
The Winner Is...
E. Gadd Industries!
What happens when you combine an educational word of the day thread with the memetic minds of NSM? You get E. Gadd, supreme overlord of vocabulary. It's almost like he planned this win far in advance.

Runner-Up
IT'S A TIE! BlackDragonSlayer and MaestroUGC! Anything I could write here would pale in comparison to their own work.
[close]
[close]
Best Artist
The Winner Is...
braixen1264!
Gosh, braixen's good. Like, really good. Here's her art thread if you forgot. The shading, the lining, it's all great. Unfortunately I'm not an art critic so I have no good ways to say anything else.

Runner-Up
Onionleaf! KIKWI. And also really cute art in general.
[close]
Special shout-out to SuperMarina, who started posting art after the Superlatives got up and running. Fluff.
[close]
Best Arranger
The Winner Is...
Maelstrom!
Maelstrom puts a lot of work into his arrangements, and it really shows. I'm glad we've got him on our Updating team as well to assist with others' work. You're awesome, man.

Runner-Up
Latios212! Latios is all right, too, I guess.
[close]
[close]
Best Composer
The Winner Is...
IT'S A THREE-WAY TIE, WHAT THE HELL EVERYONE.
Dekkadeci, MaestroUGC, and WaluigiTime64 have incredibly acquired a three-way tie for best composer, and unsurprisingly so. They all put so much effort into their work. Dekka's expansive multi-genre library, Maestro's grand-scale symphonic aspirations, and Waluigi's talented collection of BGM show how despite the differences in inspiration for each of them, all of them create pieces that inspire the imagination.

Anyway, here's Wonderwall.

[close]
Best Melody Quiz Maker
The Winner Is...
mastersuperfan!
Oh my god, MSF, you were this close to sweeping the category entirely. The man has practically hijacked the melody quiz and made it his b--...um, made it his best friend. The guy is synonymous with melody quizzes. This is incredible.

Runner-Up
Static! There almost wasn't a runner-up for this category, but Static does make a mean quiz. In a good way.
[close]
[close]
Best Melody Quiz Taker
The Winner Is...
Dudeman!
It's funny, because I was also this close to sweeping the category entirely, and I haven't taken a melody quiz in months. And Yug started pulling ahead of me anyway, if memory serves correctly. But thanks, everyone, perhaps I should start again.

Runner-Up
IT'S A TIE! Latios212 and mastersuperfan! MSF of course, and Latios crushes anyone with his Pokémon music knowledge.
[close]
[close]
Best Peacekeeper
The Winner Is...
IT'S A TIE! Dudeman and Static!
Since I have a tendency to get combative, Static probably deserves this over me. I love how peacefully the guy handles situations and stays friendly with everyone. He's the kind of person to look for when you're feeling upset.

Runner-Up
Latios212! He's a fun guy. You can't get mad at the fun guy. There's not mush room for anger there.
[close]
[close]
Cutest Friends
The Winner Is...
BrainyLucario/E. Gadd Industries!
It shouldn't be any surprise, since these two hang out together IRL on almost a daily basis. It's fun watching these two interact through the forums.

Runner-Up
MaestroUGC/MaestroUGC! Because really, who can Maestro like better than himself?
[close]
[close]
Best Updater
The Winner Is...
Latios212!
He's friendly, he's helpful, he takes on projects and tasks that he doesn't need to do himself, and he's committed to getting NSM's sheets to the highest standards possible. What's not to like?

Runner-Up
Olimar12345! Olimar knows his theory and he knows how to make a sheet look good. I'm glad we've got him around.
[close]
[close]
Best Moderator
The Winner Is...
braixen1264!
The one and oily, braixen's friendly and committed to improving NSM in a lot of ways. It's been great working with you, braix!

Runner-Up
Dudeman! More like worst moderator amirite
[close]
[close]
Most Missed NSM Member
The Winner Is...
Nebbles!
Too soon, Nebbles ;_;  Please come back someday, we miss you!

Runner-Up
Bubbles! Bubbles has been poking her head out a little more recently but that doesn't mean we don't miss her!
[close]
[close]
Most Likely To Be Lurking
The Winner Is...
Bespinben!
He waits in the shadows, watching the submission board, searching for his next meal. Then suddenly, without warning, he strikes! Formatting and theory advice cascade down upon the submitter like an avalanche! And just like that, he's gone, waiting again until the time is right.

Runner-Up
IT'S A TIE! MaestroUGC and Winter! Maestro does talk every once in a while, but damn it Winter! Where are you? Where?
[close]
[close]
Most Improved
The Winner Is...
ANOTHER THREE-WAY TIE?!?
E. Gadd Industries, LeviR.star, and Sebastian all started out with humble, young beginnings as VGM and piano enthusiasts. Some might have called them noobs, some might have called them young, and that was probably the case. But all of them have grown and matured into the NSM family, and I sure as hell wouldn't want it any other way. You all rock, you guys. I'm proud to be friends of yours.

Anyway, here's Wonderwall.

[close]
Most Sarcastic
The Winner Is...
Dude!
Like you really had a choice, right? The guy's a walking pile of no fucks given, and that's why we love him. Please never change, Dude.

Runner-Up
Dudeman! Super original, right? The guy with a knockoff username can only get a knockoff Superlative. What an inspiration.
[close]
[close]
Most Talented
The Winner Is...
daj!
I just...I can't even. His musical skills and knowledge are...scary, frankly. We are not worthy.

Runner-Up
Olimar12345! Olimar really knows his stuff and he puts it to good use. Don't ever count him out.
[close]
[close]
Most Mysterious
The Winner Is...
MaestroUGC!
A god complex the size of Jupiter shouldn't normally make you mysterious, but Maestro exudes a self-assuredness that makes you feel like he's always holding something close to his chest. Like a fragile vase, or a piece of paper that he doesn't want the rain to fall on. What a nice guy.

Runner-Up
Tobbeh99! who this man why he everywhere
[close]
[close]
Most Datable
The Winner Is...
Zeta!
There's nobody any of us nerds deserve more than a robot goddess who accepts our sheet music at the press of a button. Who could ask for more?

Runner-Up
daj! That incredible musical ability...that sexy Singaporean accent...I...I n-need to move on to the next Superlative!!
[close]
[close]
Most Quotable
The Winner Is...
IT'S A TIE! Dude and InsigTurtle!
Dude, sass and sarcasm on legs, and Insig, the semi-alcoholic(?) Cyndaquil. Put them together and you get a combo responsible for quotes and memes that permeate throughout NSM.

Runner-Up
Dudeman! I've got a couple of quotes in some signatures, so that feels good. Thanks.
[close]
[close]
Most Ridiculous
The Winner Is...
InsigTurtle!
As if to emphasize my point above. Insig also has an inherent humor about him that only emphasize his occasionally poor messaging skills.

Runner-Up
IT'S A TIE! King Sammer and Tobbeh99! Ah, King Sammer. I'll hold off on him for later. Tobbeh, meanwhile, certainly wasn't trying to be ridiculous, but there's no way it could have turned out any other way.
[close]
[close]
Most ?? ?? ??
The Winner Is...
Tobbeh99!
I...yeah. I'm sorry, I can't explain the inexplicable. Tobbeh is...hoo boy. He's certainly something, isn't he.

Runner-Up
IT'S A TIE! Trainer Ave (aka Boy/GirlwithoutaFairy) and InsigTurtle! Trainer's got a long history of confusion surrounding her, and Insig has a long history of confusion surrounding him. It's a match made in heaven.
[close]
[close]
The Very Best, Like No One Ever Was
The Winner Is...
Latios212!
In the words of one of the voters:
Quoteokay but actually who else carries their pokewalker around
Need I say more?

Runner-Up
InsigTurtle! With a Cyndaquil avatar, you know to catch them is his real test, and to train them is his cause.
[close]
[close]
Most Skilled Gamer
The Winner Is...
Olimar12345!
Hand him a controller, and he'll kick your butt without breaking a sweat. Especially in Splatoon.

Runner-Up
Static! Anyone who plays Touhou's gotta have some skills.
[close]
[close]
Most Woomy
The Winner Is...
Olimar12345!
And really, is it any surprise? If you're ever in need of some dank Splatoon memes, advice on which Squid Sister is the best, or a coworker for Salmon Run, this is your guy.

Runner-Up
BrainyLucario! I'm afraid I can't say much about him because his choice in waifu is bad, but I guess he's all right.
[close]
[close]
The Dankest of Memers
The Winner Is...
Dudeman!
I'm well aware that my taste in memes is niche and stale, but dammit, SOMEBODY has to stand up for John Cena, Shia LaBeouf, and high-quality rips! GRAND DAD

Runner-Up
Static! I'll be honest with you guys, I wasn't fully aware of Static's memetic tendencies. But he knows where to find the good stuff.
[close]
[close]
Best Presidential Candidate for 2028
The Winner Is...
MaestroUGC!
Ah, yes, is there any better choice than the man who already rules the world behind our backs? ...actually, president of the US would probably be beneath him, in that case.

Runner-Up
Sebastian! Now here's a benevolent leader we can all aspire too. Mario games for everyone!
[close]
[close]
Best Mod Candidate for Next Tuesday
The Winner Is...
Yug_Guy!
I for one would fully support our mustachio'd memester joining the staff. Who knows? Maybe someday™.

Runner-Up
Altissimo! Another great pick, in my opinion. We can always use more sass on the staff.
[close]
[close]
Most Likely To Nominate Themself For This Superlative
The Winner Is...
MaestroUGC!
Bet you all saw this coming, right? Well guess who didn't? Only the guy who didn't submit any nominations at all, MAESTRO! YOU LOSE, VOTERS!

Runner-Up
Dude! At least Dude actually did nominate himself. Better luck next time.
[close]
[close]
Most Likely To Not Win This Superlative
The Winner Is...
ThatGamer!
Oh, phew, that's a relief. For a moment there I was worried TG would win a Superlative. Good thing he (she? it?) didn't, that would've been really sad.

Runner-Up
King Sammer! Who is this man? What's going on in his head? How did he come to be? Where is he going to? These are the questions we really should be asking, but won't, because he didn't win anything.
[close]
[close]
Most Likely To Win Most "NSM Superlatives"
The Winner Is...
Dudeman!
I'll admit this is kinda a crappy Superlative because the number of nominations didn't put me in a spot where I could comfortably select a third nominee, so if anyone felt like this one was rigged, I totally get it. Fortunately, I did not actually win this category...alone, that is! Congratulations to E. Gadd Industries, Latios212, and MaestroUGC for tying me with 4 Superlatives (not including this one)!

Runner-Up
WaluigiTime64! He got two, that's not bad!
[close]
[close]
Most Likely To Host Next Year(?)'s "NSM Superlatives"
The Winner Is...
E. Gadd Industries!
That's right, E. Gadd, your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to host the Sixth NSM Superlatives about a year from now (and hopefully faster than I did)! I think you'd be an amazing host. And, if you should decide not to, we can always count on...

Runner-Up
Dude! A Superlatives hosted by Dude is probably something we've always needed but never known we did.
[close]
[close]

Congratulations to all the winners. It has been a privilege to host these in my incredibly slow manner. Better late than never, though...right? Please?

And I will still shoot comments regarding lateness.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

no

Egg
The Winner Is...
no

Runner-Up
shadowkirby! also no
[close]
[close]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

e g g

also why did king sammer win nothing.
he is clearly the best that never was

SuperMarina

QuoteSpecial shout-out to SuperMarina, who started posting art after the Superlatives got up and running.

I.. got a shoutout. This means a lot, honestly. ^^
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

Dude

Reason why I voted zeta for most datable

data-ble

:V

BrainyLucario

Augh! I won 1 1/2 superlatives! This is super rad! Congrats to everyone who won and got runner up!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

Quote from: Dude on March 04, 2018, 07:41:41 PMReason why I voted zeta for most datable

data-ble
same tbh
next year we should have superlatives tailored to my unique traits, skills, and/or abilities

also...

I don't like anime!  B-baka!
unmotivated

Bubbles

E. Gadd Industries

Wow... a Twiggy and 4 Superlatives all in one day :')

I would like to thank my parents (not really) and <insert other generic thank you thing here>!

And I would just like to say, I accept my calling to host NSM's 6th Superlatives!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]