News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Bradenjb12's arrangements

Started by Bradenjb12, January 07, 2018, 01:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradenjb12

I will be putting my arrangements here, tell me if there are any problems, yada yada yada,
                                                     Let the judging begin!

Color Code:
Blue: Somewhat Judged
Green: Not Judged
Orange: Seeking Help With the Tune

~Wynncraft~

Forest Dance (Nivla Woods)
[PDF] [MID] [XML] [Original]
A dance

Adventure (Emerald Trail)
Adventurous

Amongst the Clouds (Sky Islands)
Mysterious

Black Road Nostalgia (Black Road)
Nostalgiac

Icy Steps (Frozen Forest)
Motivating (My personal Favorite)

The Forest Dies (Dark Forest)
Driving

Frozen Lands (Ice Canyon)
Somber (I used the old version so it sounds a bit different, I can easily change if need be)
(Its pronounced "Brayden jay bee twelve", jeez!)

[Arrangements]

The Deku Trombonist

Just looking at Icy Steps, is there any particular reason why you wrote it on 3 staves instead of 2? (I'm not sure which software you used, so possibly a software limitation?) I think it would be easier to read if it was on 2 staves and made use of layering. You don't usually see 3 staves throughout a whole piece of piano music and when it is used, it is used sparingly and only for the section it's needed for. After that it returns to two staves. You wouldn't see a third staff being empty for so long.

One or two accuracy things:
-Bar 10, bottom staff: The B should be moved up a 4th to an E.
-Bar 12, bottom staff: I don't thiiiiink the F# is repeated in this bar?
-Bar 12, middle staff: The 4th beat should be a crotchet C#
-Bar 14, bottom+middle staff: I guess you could write it this way. I'd personally lean towards the way I mentioned for bar 10. Either way, whatever you choose, bar 10 and bar 14 should look the same.
-The same applies for the next section when the melody comes in as the accompaniment just repeats itself.

Edit: Silly me, I forgot to say: Welcome to Hotel NSM, I hope you enjoy your stay! I trust you'll find it quite comfortable and if you need anything, Zeta will attend to all your needs.

Bradenjb12

Yes, the 3rd stave was a software limitation,(the whole notes couldn't be put with the 2nd stave for some reason, and I couldn't not have them.) I've listened to it again, and i'm 99% sure thats how its supposed to be in Bar 12, and I don't understand it either. Ive fixed the other things though, and thank you for the feedback!

[Arrangements]

The Deku Trombonist

Ah right. Which program are you using?

And I just had another listen to the YT link you provided and beat 4 of bar 12 should definitely just be a crotchet C#

Bradenjb12

I use Flat.io which is free, therefore it isnt the best. i'm going to try and get something like finale, but ill have to wait a bit.
Also i dont understand what you mean by crotchet C# in measure 12

[Arrangements]

PlayfulPiano

You should use musescore (free) for now, but forewarning: Musescore isn't exactly compatible to NSM's format unless you do a bunch of conversions. If you ever want to arrange something for the main site, use Finale Notepad.

(also if you ask around, some of the other members *might* have cracked copies of Finale, but don't take my word on it)

Olimar12345

Quote from: Bradenjb12 on January 12, 2018, 05:38:15 AMAlso i dont understand what you mean by crotchet C# in measure 12

It's also called a quarter note in the States.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bradenjb12

ohhhh that makes a lot more sense

[Arrangements]

Bradenjb12

[Arrangements]

The Deku Trombonist