Help converting MuseScore files into Finale NotePad files

Started by lordnuggets, January 18, 2018, 01:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordnuggets

Hi, I've made a lot of arrangements that I would like to submit but I've had trouble converting them into the appropriate format. I've been able to convert the file and play it on Finale, but it doesn't keep the right key or time signature and I haven't been able to fix that.
Is there anyone who could help me with this?
Thanks
Used Ninsheetmusic for over 6 years... realised there were forums a year ago.

Dudeman

Hi there! You're certainly not alone; a good chunk of users here use MuseScore for the primary transcription and then convert it into Finale. I'm assuming you're exporting .xml files to open in NotePad? If you're losing stuff in the conversion there, perhaps post the file here and one of us can take a look at it.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

lordnuggets

Thanks to both of you, but how do I attach files? I'll understand the forums eventually, I swear  :P

Trasdegi

Hmm, I don't think you can, but you can put them on dropbox or google drive or something like that and share a link here

Olimar12345

Quote from: Trasdegi on January 20, 2018, 01:01:29 PMHmm, I don't think you can, but you can put them on dropbox or google drive or something like that and share a link here

This is what we mostly do here. Also, I'm going to move this topic to the help board where it will be more appropriately housed.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

lordnuggets

Here are all of my current arrangements
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1esnEOKgNDlWZhkNs__dLzX4X7_mRjDh9
I'm not 100% sure which ones are submittable but I guess I'll see  ;D