TWG XCIX: That Woomy Game Postgame

Started by Olimar12345, February 07, 2018, 07:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

I don't want to wait that long for the next twg. Interest could die if we wait.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

Think the anon accounts could be used for C?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Brawler4Ever

A quick play-by-play of the game from my perspective:

N1: like many of you deduced, tras and I decided to target the experienced players first. We chose someone from NSM because they know the meta better. BDS just happened to win that raffle. It also helped that mikey "voted" for BDS. We were hoping to maybe capitalize on that, but that was never needed.

D1: mikey votes E Gadd. E Gadd pm's to me and reads me as seer. Brainy pm's me and asks me to help E Gadd. I decide to not get involved in the squabble; taking sides wouldn't help me later. Tras is largely afk at this point due to irl stuff, which was totally ok. I went after SuperMarina as an excuse to stay out of mikey vs E Gadd. I pm'd celery because he openly asked anyone to and then I talked to Brainy again. I convinced Brainy of SuperMarina's potential wolfness, and he joined me. That really took me by surprise; I didn't want/expect SuperMarina to be the day 1 target. Even so, that was the consensus. Tras actually reappeared about an hour before the phase end, but I asked him not to post anything because we were close to lynch on SM. It worked out, and SM was lynched with most of the players on board. The only person to really suspect me at this point is Brainy.

N2: We go for raeko. Again, our conclusion was the same as everyone else's: raeko is experienced, and raeko had the tell of being a seer. It also didn't get in the way of E Gadd + Brainy vs mikey + Celirra, which was the big thing at the time (in my mind, anyway).

D2: At this point, I had had private conversations with every live player of the game, and none with the dead players of the game. E Gadd seering me was surprising, but it only really ruled out a potential Brainy/E Gadd pair that Celirra was considering. We almost decided to have tras false claim the other seer, but we decided it wasn't worth the risk. Nothing happened for the first half, so I decided to stir the pot by putting up my theory of a mikey/Brainy wolf pair. It worked BEAUTIFULLY. The argument that ensued was amazing. I don't take full credit for that, but mikey and Brainy working together against Celirra was a sight to behold. Celirra specifically asked me to not interfere, so I just sat back and watched everyone tear each other apart. E Gadd and Brainy shortly after voted Celirra. Mikey voted for Brainy, because reasons. Tras and I voted for Celirra within 15 seconds of each other, resulting in an insta.

N3: At this point, me not being a wolf was absurd. I was fairly open about it. Throwing caution to the wind is never a good idea because karma can get back at me. But with me voting for Celirra without reasoning, resulting in an insta? Yeah, I'm a wolf. No point denying it. I was careful to not name my partner, but tras was more than happy to reveal himself anyway. If we had not won the way we had, I would not have revealed myself as a wolf. I'm not one for gloating (much, anyway).

It was a good game! I did everything in my power to appear as human, including come up with strategies and finding "wolves." Tras being afk for Day 1 was actually really helpful because it gave me an excuse to not have any pm logs with him. I shared SO MANY pm logs this game. Yet, through it all, I was mostly consistent and honest. I did keep some stuff to myself though. For example, E Gadd and I discussed seer strategies and finding ways to differentiate them. Tras actually came up with one idea: if one of the seers just happens to target the same player that is wolfed, they would have absolute proof of which seer they are, based on their results. I didn't divulge this because I wasn't sure if Tras would bring this point up later, and I didn't want any ideas to come from both of us, separately. Nothing in this game showed that Tras and I were working together the entire time.

It was fun! :D

Also, the comic is AMAZING!

Also also, neither tras nor I play Splatoon. So the fact that the two of us were the inklings was all the more fitting!
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Olimar12345

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on February 08, 2018, 05:30:05 AMAlso also, neither tras nor I play Splatoon. So the fact that the two of us were the octolings was all the more fitting!

Ftfy
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on February 07, 2018, 10:30:51 PMWe can't just rush into TWG C. I think we're gonna have to wait until Summer when people have time off, and do some giant event. Maybe another Role Reunion style of game, to commemorate 99 games of NSM TWG.
^^^

My idea is that we have five "centennial fest" style games, kind of like LLF had (except they had three! Ha! We get to one-up them!), divided in 100.1 through 100.5, each with a different theme (e.g. mystery game, role reunion, rehost of an old game, something new, etc.)
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Quote from: BrainyLucario on February 07, 2018, 09:06:18 PMAlso you made me look hecka creepy. That's a death stare if I've ever saw one

You cannot view this attachment.

lol, that's actually the scene I was complaining about your model fucking everything up, if you remember. It was because that dynamo roller is so big.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 08, 2018, 01:27:17 PMlol, that's actually the scene I was complaining about your model fucking everything up, if you remember. It was because that dynamo roller is so big.

I thought it was when I protected E. Gadd
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

Oh no, that scene was hella-easy. The ragdoll standing poser default is a "T" shape; I literally just turned your hands and changed your facial expression for that pic d: