2. octoling
3. inkling
4. inkling
5. inkling
6. inkling
7. inkling
8. Pearl
9. Marina

Two octolings have disguised themselves as inklings and are hidden among them. If left un-splatted, they'll surely plot to steal the Great Zapfish: the source of all power in Inkopolis.

This game starts on a night phase (normal). During the night phases octolings agree on a single inkling in which to splat (kill). During day phases everyone votes on a player to splat.

This game has two special roles: the two trendy idols from Off the Hook: Pearl and Marina. Both are seers. Pearl, the false-prophet, seers players the opposite color for which they are. However, if Pearl happens to seer Marina, they will appear blue. Marina is the true savior, so she seers players their correct color. Players with these roles are not told which idol they are, and are simply told that they are a member of off the hook. They do not know each other. Their abilities will begin night 2.

The inklings and OtH idols win when both octolings are spatted. The octolings win when the number of living inklings (OtH included) are equal or less than them. There are no cardflips upon death.

The postgame for this game will get a phase-by-phase photoshopped comic to tell the tale of what happened.

Players:
  • BrainyLucario
  • mikey
  • BlackDragonSlayer
  • E. Gadd Industries
  • SuperMarina
  • Trasdegi
  • Brawler4Ever
  • Celirra
  • Raeko

Role PMs
You are an octoling. Your partner is _____.

You are an inkling. Woomy!

You are a member of Off the Hook! Don't get cooked!
[close]

Discord chatroom link: https://discord.gg/rhMuaez

Night 1 has ended. BDS was found dead. It is now Day 1. Day 1 ends 48 hours from now.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

BDS rip is just as expected, I guess.  Right now I'm slightly suspicious of E Gadd, Raeko, and Brainy (duh)
unmotivated

Celirra

Quote from: mikey on January 31, 2018, 03:37:22 PMRight now I'm slightly suspicious of E Gadd, Raeko, and Brainy (duh)

Why are you suspicious of these two? I think the Brainy suspicion was covered a bit so don't worry about that, but give me some info for the other two cuties.

Celirra

Also I'm gonna say here, if anyone wants to discuss twg and such, message me on discord. 1 on 1 conversations do help quite a lot, and we don't have much time since 2 mislynches = a loss for us.

SuperMarina

I've got my eye on Brawler. He's suspicious in his diction and psychology.
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

Celirra

claiming intent to vote no lynch

this is mostly so I can be the first person to do so

mikey

E Gadd Industries
screw you, I don't need reasoning
unmotivated

mikey

to clarify "screw you" refers to the passive observer bringing up the obvious fact there seems to be no reason for my vote on E Gadd, not to E Gadd himself

thank you
unmotivated

davy

TWC Post

Quote from: Celirra on January 31, 2018, 07:39:43 PMclaiming intent to vote no lynch

Unless stated otherwise, no lynch is not an option in TWG's on this forum.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Celirra

Quote from: davy on February 01, 2018, 01:07:53 AMTWC Post

Unless stated otherwise, no lynch is not an option in TWG's on this forum.

twas mostly a joke anyways

(no lynch would help a lot in this setup though)

mikey

1.   BrainyLucario- mildly towny
Brainy's in a weird spot right now because
Quote from: BrainyLucario on January 30, 2018, 01:36:31 PMWhy?
and
Quote from: BrainyLucario on January 31, 2018, 06:43:46 AMTras since I literally don't know who to vote for yet, and I might not have internet access at the night ending
Overall this leads me to think he's town, but screwing up like this isn't really alignment indicative
2.   mikey- town
3.   BlackDragonSlayer- town
4.   E. Gadd Industries- wolf
E gadd is more suspicious than most other people in the game.
Spoiler
9:18 PM] E. Gadd Industries: Uhh... I feel like that's just mikey being mikey, I'm honestly thinking you, Raeko (no offence or anything), because of the seer thing. Otherwise, Brainy, because he does weird crap like that when he isn't town (but that's a double-edged sword, because he could also be OtH)
[9:18 PM] E. Gadd Industries: The first thing is directed at Brawler's suspicions, not Raeko
9:15 PM] E. Gadd Industries: It's tough to say... I'll have to review the thread and make a suspicion post there (but probz not tonight because I still have more homework and I'm dying, but definitely tomorrow before the phase ends)
[close]
This is his only post in the thread:
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 30, 2018, 10:42:29 AMXD I spell my name backward once and this happens.
Ftfy
5.   SuperMarina- town
SuperMarina seems pretty towny aside from his self-deprecation, which is usually wolfy.  But he's got his suspicions and he's coming along, so I'm willing to town read him for now- can easily change on a whim
6.   Trasdegi- null
hasn't really done a lot
Spoiler
3:44 PM] Trasdegi: Nope
[3:45 PM] Trasdegi: So about that seer plan: the only problem is to have someone confirmed town, and I don't really see how to do that...
[3:47 PM] Trasdegi: The thing that brainy did can easily be imputed to him being tired
[3:50 PM] Trasdegi: And there's that egadd vote with no reasoning too
[close]
also hasn't posted in the thread
7.   Brawler4Ever- slightly towny
he's been interacting in the discord when he can and has some good stuff there that I'm suddenly too lazy to dig up.
8.   Celirra- town
Celery is following the same train of thought I am [MINDMELD] and even if he didn't suggest a great plan, suggesting it was towny to me.  He's one of the towniest players in the game so far.
9.   Raeko- town
in an interaction with raeko she responded well enough for me to town read her.  Of course, she was high, so logic kinda flies out the window at that point.

So with the amount of information we have so far, E Gadd looks to be the best lynch to me, closely followed by Trasdegi and brainy (for ???).  Not entirely happy about voting for either of them, but would do so.  Tier 3 lynch targets (I'm not comfortable with it, but would vote to self pres, for example) are Raeko, SuperMarina, and Brawler.  I wouldn't vote for anyone else
heh
unmotivated

Brawler4Ever

I've gone over the chat a couple of times (yay searchbar!). I'd say my top three suspects are:
1. SuperMarina
2. Celery
3. Brainy

Brainy made a couple of mistakes, and it was a couple of mistakes that (simply put) should not have been made. There's no excuse for it, but I don't believe that there's enough there to call him a wolf. He's been relatively quiet so far, so I'm willing to let him slide for now.

Celery's seer plan did not sit well with me. At first, I suspected mikey because of his initial comment about being the middleman in the plan. Upon rereading, I realized that it was the entire plan that didn't make sense to me. The main problem with the plan is that, until Day 2, there is no way to confirm a human. And even then, it would be incredibly difficult, unless one Seer Saw the other. While Celery would later retract his plan, stating that he didn't want it to happen right now, it still felt wrong to me, overall.

However, my main argument is against SuperMarina. Being new or bad at a game is fine. There's nothing wrong with it. However, an overwhelming number of your posts seek to remind us of this fact. I almost feel bad about wanting to go after you, which I fear is the purpose of the posts. As a wolf, could you not want to appear weak and helpless?

Examples
SuperMarina - Yesterday at 4:51 PM
I'm bad at the game like that

SuperMarina - Today at 7:28 PM
It's suspicie because I'm bad at the game, and I'm trusting my knowledge of psychology.

SuperMarina - Today at 7:40 PM
Exactly. Hence why I'm probably being bad at this.
[close]

There are other examples as well. Instances of not knowing terminology (of which I am also guilty). Having suspicions but not discussing them. Again, there's nothing wrong with not knowing everything. But I feel that appearing weak and helpless is more wolfy than other arguments that have been made.

SuperMarina. This is a weak argument, to be sure. But with so little information and not a great deal of time left in the phase, I feel that this is my best guess as to finding a wolf this phase.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

BrainyLucario

In response to Noc, So if your suspicions are correct, that means that we have 1 confirmed wolf at the start of the game? I mean i trust your judgement due to your experience, but I still read E. Gadd as mildly towny given the fact that fake suspicion on him has cost us the game multiple times.

In response to Brawler, Rushing into things is never a good idea, especially with as little evidence as we have. I get the fact that we have little time left, but still.

Tras imo, isn't helping in the slightest, which might just be time difference or something, but it still doesn't help Team Inkling, and possibly helps Team Octoling. So because of this, I'm willing to cast a vote on Tras for now.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

SuperMarina

With what I do have to go off of, I'm going to secure my formal vote on Brawler.
He has misconstrued Celery's "plan," and with little evidences, has voted me for my self-deprecation. Understand that I'm always self-deprecating, so I personally feel this has little solidity, but I must admit that the self-deprecation is making me a sitting duck for suspicion.
He tries to twists questions into exposing someone's wolfy qualities, only if they were to have any, despite them possibly being towny or seer/false proph. The duty of a wolf to twist the narrative, eh?
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

Brawler4Ever

It was mikey that said that wolves twist the narrative. I would say that it is the duty of every player to twist the narrative.

Are you not twisting the narrative against me, right now? ;)

Quote from: SuperMarina on February 02, 2018, 08:01:40 AMHe has misconstrued Celery's "plan," and with little evidences, has voted me for my self-deprecation. Understand that I'm always self-deprecating, so I personally feel this has little solidity, but I must admit that the self-deprecation is making me a sitting duck for suspicion.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!