[PC] Touhou 8: Imperishable Night - "Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon" (Replacement) by Maelstrom

Started by Zeta, February 04, 2018, 10:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Touhou 8: Imperishable Night
Console: PC
Title: Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Nice sheet.
Some things I have:
-  A Gb chord spelling would be more logical than F# in M. 4 (and others like it).
- You've got some interesting spellings in M. 39-40. For example, you have an Ebb and a D natural in the same measure. Go ahead and revisit the spellings in that measure.
- Put a courtesy G nat in M. 24 & 73.

Haven't checked notes yet, but other than notes the sheet looks good.

Maelstrom

WaluigiTime64

Ok so a few things:

- M.5-8 (and similar): I can almost see why you put octaves there, but this is already annoying enough to play with single notes. Octaves jumping 6th intervals are really difficult to land accurately and consistently.
 - M.25-32: Missed the top notes:
I did this in like, 10 seconds so it may not be 100% accurate.
[close]
- M.42-50: The LH is practically begging for some 4th/5th triads, as well as more consistency. The way you have it now is both a bit too empty and inconsistent about it.

Other than that I think it's cool.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Latios212

Don't forget to fix the spellings in m. 23 and 72 to use flats instead of sharps (and get rid of the resultant courtesy naturals as such)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on February 09, 2018, 04:28:17 PM- M.5-8 (and similar): I can almost see why you put octaves there, but this is already annoying enough to play with single notes. Octaves jumping 6th intervals are really difficult to land accurately and consistently.
 - M.25-32: Missed the top notes:
I did this in like, 10 seconds so it may not be 100% accurate.
[close]
- M.42-50: The LH is practically begging for some 4th/5th triads, as well as more consistency. The way you have it now is both a bit too empty and inconsistent about it.
1 - I'd rather keep them in. If someone can't play them, I'd imagine they have the sense to play single notes there instead.
2 - While those notes are there, I intentionally didn't put them in because they obfuscate the melody. I can't move them down an octave to include them, because they're just the lower note raised an octave.
3 - I did this.

Quote from: Latios212 on February 10, 2018, 09:32:32 PMDon't forget to fix the spellings in m. 23 and 72 to use flats instead of sharps (and get rid of the resultant courtesy naturals as such)
Did it.

Files updated.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 11, 2018, 08:57:24 AM1 - I'd rather keep them in. If someone can't play them, I'd imagine they have the sense to play single notes there instead.
I guess that's fair enough, although I think the transition to them from M.4 should be a lot less jarring somehow (maybe a crescendo or whatever).
Something tells me the whole thing there is an octave too high but that might be me not checking correctly.

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 11, 2018, 08:57:24 AM2 - While those notes are there, I intentionally didn't put them in because they obfuscate the melody. I can't move them down an octave to include them, because they're just the lower note raised an octave.
This makes no sense because those notes uh... are the melody. It's common practice to repeat a phrase with a higher inversion of the chords for the melody, which is exactly what ZUN did. I see no reason why they shouldn't be there.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Maelstrom

Olimar12345

-Measure 24 could use a courtesy natural on the first note. Measure 40 too.
-Measure 24's G# should be an Ab. The harmony of that bar is C7 (V) going to Fmin (i) in the next bar. G is the chord tone (the fifth), Ab is the lowered sixth of that. You actually do this later on in measure 40, so it would also be consistent with that if you changed it to Ab.
-Methinks measure 50 should have the same release in both hands. I like what the RH is doing there.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zeta