News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[SWITCH] Splatoon 2 - "Muck Warfare" by Olimar12345

Started by Zeta, February 13, 2018, 11:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Splatoon 2
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Muck Warfare
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Olimar12345

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

joeberryosponge

Is there a reason you have two layers in the right hand in measures 2-9? They have the same rhythms and articulations. Other than that, it looks good!

Olimar12345

Thanks for the kind words! Later on the layers split for various reasons, leaving only the higher of the two layers in the RH. I intended for the split to set that up. I debated with adding the articulations in both layers, and am now thinking of removing them from the lower layer. Seems like overkill.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Bump (also I did end up removing those duplicate articulations)

Olimar12345

Maelstrom

Here we go
1 - Formatting
looks great

2- Notes
LH
I assume you left the 16ths out of b3 of m2, 3, 4, etc for playability? (I hear d-e as 16ths leading into the F

3 - Theory/Performance
You never put a mark to stop using the pedal? 
also I know this isn't ninmidimusic but playback for m46-51 is pretty much garbage because the ped just runs everything together.

augh why do I hate splatoon songs until I review sheets for them and end up liking them aaaaaaaa
I still like ebb and flow better, but the final section of this song is great.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 23, 2018, 03:20:10 PMLH
I assume you left the 16ths out of b3 of m2, 3, 4, etc for playability? (I hear d-e as 16ths leading into the F

I'm going to need some clarification on this. What I have is exactly what I hear.

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 23, 2018, 03:20:10 PMYou never put a mark to stop using the pedal? 
also I know this isn't ninmidimusic but playback for m46-51 is pretty much garbage because the ped just runs everything together.

Weird. It might be a version issue, but in my file I silenced the piano playback with an immediate and invisible * that appears right after the Ped. marking. Not sure why it's playing for you. I did, however, forget to notate the end of the pedal usage, so I added that in.

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 23, 2018, 03:20:10 PMaugh why do I hate splatoon songs until I review sheets for them and end up liking them aaaaaaaa
I still like ebb and flow better, but the final section of this song is great.

You have to give them a chance.

Olimar12345

I know that the bassist doesn't always play exactly what the original version had, but they are consistant in how they play a solid beat 3:

Starts right at 9:00

Maelstrom

Olimar12345

Maelstrom

I strongly disagree, but I'm fine with leaving it out.

Olimar12345

Latios212

Quite tired at the moment so take this with a grain of salt, but regarding the bass part in conflict:

Listening closely I can kind of pick up traces of the rhythm that Mael wrote in, but I'm not able to locate any of the extra pitches. What Olimar wrote in sounds both most natural and most accurate to me, so I give that the green light.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

The only comment I have is about the melody in M. 10 and on. This was discussed over discord. Other than that, I approve of this arrangement.