[GBA] Pokémon Ruby Version & Pokémon Sapphire Version - "Sealed Chamber (Duet)" by JDMEK5

Started by Zeta, September 03, 2017, 10:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Ruby Version & Pokémon Sapphire Version
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Sealed Chamber
Instrumentation Piano Duet
Arranger: JDMEK5

[attachment deleted by admin]

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

JDMEK5

Revised with Latios for enharmonic spellings and playability. Clearer directions included.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Sebastian

Nice job! Some things:
- The notes you have ( (a) (b) (c) ) seem a bit hidden, especially the ones on pages 2 & 3. Maybe you could move them up a bit?
- The slur in M. 27 is colliding with the accidental.
- The finger numbers are scrunched in some places (M. 17 & 21-24, for example). They're semi-colliding in some spots, too.
- The 8va is colliding with the stem in M. 10. Also with the finger number in M. 11.
- Places like M. 4 (and similar) where the finger numbers are shrouded by the staff lines, I would move those up above the staff.
- The mp is in an awkarward spot (M. 13). Same with the F in M. 17.
- I'd recommend slurs on the grace notes in M. 26 & 28.

JDMEK5

I've fixed most of your comments, though on one or two I have other thoughts:

- Fixed
- Personally I don't see a big deal about ties colliding with accidentals. In this case in particular it looks like just a bit too much effort to avoid them crossing. That being said, I did fix it so they no longer touch.
- Good call with the fingerings
- Moved 8vas up
- Again, I don't see a problem with this, though in most instances in this score, it did make it look cleaner, so I like it. Good call.
- Moved dynamics for you
- No thanks. Just because it's one of Olimar's personal rules doesn't mean it has to be mine (not that I'm suggesting that's what you're insinuating; I'm just trying to sound dramatic lol). I don't want these to have the slide connotation to them or a rolling connotation. The grace notes here are individuals of their own, not accents to the following note.

Also while I was at it, I revised the system spacing a bit. More efficient use of space.

My Arrangements

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta