News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[SNES] Super NES Classic Edition BIOS - "Menu" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, April 02, 2018, 09:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Super NES Classic Edition BIOS
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Menu
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Maelstrom

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Just opened to skim quickly for the night  -looking good, Levi!

A few things to chew on for today:
- Should we really be sticking this under [SNES]? It's technically... not... but it may just be easiest to categorize it as such anyway.
- The second system is stretched quite awkwardly. Play around and see if you can improve the distribution a bit. (The fifth system is a bit more cramped than the others, so...)
- Instead of putting 5 systems on page 1 and 4 on page 2, try 4 and then 5! It'd fill up the page 2 space better, as well allow leave more room for the 8vbs and dynamics.
- You may want to simplify measure 16-17 a little bit (try playing that at tempo with your right hand). My recommendation would be to either omit or lower the third note in each triplet.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on April 04, 2018, 07:20:33 PM- Should we really be sticking this under [SNES]? It's technically... not... but it may just be easiest to categorize it as such anyway.

I wasn't sure about this, either, but that's what Olimar told me to put it under for now.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 04, 2018, 07:20:33 PM- The second system is stretched quite awkwardly. Play around and see if you can improve the distribution a bit. (The fifth system is a bit more cramped than the others, so...)

I'll move m6 to system 2 to start; still not sure what to do with system 5, but I'll try and figure something out.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 04, 2018, 07:20:33 PM- Instead of putting 5 systems on page 1 and 4 on page 2, try 4 and then 5! It'd fill up the page 2 space better, as well allow leave more room for the 8vbs and dynamics.

I'll do that, thanks!

Quote from: Latios212 on April 04, 2018, 07:20:33 PM- You may want to simplify measure 16-17 a little bit (try playing that at tempo with your right hand). My recommendation would be to either omit or lower the third note in each triplet.

I'm considering adding a set of ( ) around each third note, leaving it up to those brave enough; I never heard each third note to begin with, until I came across a Bulby 8-bit demake of the song.

Thanks for the feedback, Latios! I'll get to this once I'm home from Jazz Band Championships.

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 04, 2018, 07:43:45 PMI'm considering adding a set of ( ) around each third note, leaving it up to those brave enough; I never heard each third note to begin with, until I came across a Bulby 8-bit demake of the song.
You could, but I think we'd agree that those notes are pretty nonessential. Up to you, though :P

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 04, 2018, 07:43:45 PMThanks for the feedback, Latios! I'll get to this once I'm home from Jazz Band Championships.
No problem! No rush.

By the way, would anyone happen to have the packaging from the SNES Classic available to check if there's a composer credited? I don't have it on me right now...

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

LeviR.star

Fixed for now. I changed my mind and opted for 8th rests, rather than ( ) around each third note.

Latios212

Great! Now checking the rest right now:
- m. 14 left hand, eighth note should fall on beat 2.5, not 2.
- m. 25 left hand beat 3 - consider inserting an A on the bottom? (A7 chord)
- Consider flipping beat 3-4 of measure 9 - this would preserve the contour of the notes both in the octaves leading into this part, and the E# leading into the next measure. If you do this, be sure the staccato is flipped back the right way.
- The last system is awkwardly written with a bunch of overlaps between the hands. While it's nice that you've noted it with parentheses in some places, I'd suggest thinking a bit more about what you want the performer to do, and notate is as such. Do you want the performer to sustain the A from 29-31? If so, you can just omit the A's in the left hand. And vice versa, if you think the performer should play the A's in the chords, don't sustain the note in the right hand. What you have written in both staves right now directly contradict each other. (Same thing with 32, here would suggest dropping the A in the left hand chord.)
- Also space the systems out a bit more (most notably on page 2 where the 8vb lines get close to other systems, but page 1 as well). You've got unused space at the bottom of the page.
- Refer to this post regarding text being outside the page margins. (Your staves are fine.)
Quote from: Latios212 on April 13, 2018, 06:28:34 PM- Your header info as well as copyright are all currently outside the preset margins. While using the Text Tool, right click those and select "Edit Frame Attributes", and make sure the V (vertical) number is set to zero.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on April 13, 2018, 07:14:45 PMGreat! Now checking the rest right now:
- m. 14 left hand, eighth note should fall on beat 2.5, not 2.
- m. 25 left hand beat 3 - consider inserting an A on the bottom? (A7 chord)
- Consider flipping beat 3-4 of measure 9 - this would preserve the contour of the notes both in the octaves leading into this part, and the E# leading into the next measure. If you do this, be sure the staccato is flipped back the right way.
- The last system is awkwardly written with a bunch of overlaps between the hands. While it's nice that you've noted it with parentheses in some places, I'd suggest thinking a bit more about what you want the performer to do, and notate is as such. Do you want the performer to sustain the A from 29-31? If so, you can just omit the A's in the left hand. And vice versa, if you think the performer should play the A's in the chords, don't sustain the note in the right hand. What you have written in both staves right now directly contradict each other. (Same thing with 32, here would suggest dropping the A in the left hand chord.)
- Also space the systems out a bit more (most notably on page 2 where the 8vb lines get close to other systems, but page 1 as well). You've got unused space at the bottom of the page.
- Refer to this post regarding text being outside the page margins. (Your staves are fine.)

Aaaaand files fixed again! Thanks, Lat!

Sebastian

Put courtesy accidentals on the D naturals in M. 5 & 16. Then this one is good.

Latios212

Agree with m. 5. I wouldn't say they're necessary in 16.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

I usually highly recommend a courtesy accidental if the accidental is in the previous measure (occasionally if it's two measures before), but the one in 16 isn't a huge deal. Definitely 5 though.

LeviR.star

I fixed just m. 5. No offense to Sebastian or anything, but I agree with Latios; anyone who has an objection may speak up, I can change it again.