News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Transcription of Cackletta's Theme

Started by 607, April 22, 2018, 10:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi, it's me again!
I'd like to try play Cackletta's theme from Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, as I really like it. I could perhaps transcribe it myself, but I figured that because it is quite popular someone might already have it notated. :) I Googled, but could only find notations for piano, with two staves instead of three.

Edit: I was certain that I posted the finished pdf here when I got it, but apparently not. Here it is! Let me know if I should take this down due to copyright infringement.

Alternatively, perhaps a midi or xml or other file that I could use to more easily convert back to organ?

Maelstrom

FireArrow

As the guy who fixed up the arrangement, the only thing that was omitted in the piano version is an eight note A natural in the second voice first beat of measure 10. Everything else is 100% accurate and should work fine on organ.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Quote from: FireArrow on April 30, 2018, 01:18:59 AMAs the guy who fixed up the arrangement, the only thing that was omitted in the piano version is an eight note A natural in the second voice first beat of measure 10. Everything else is 100% accurate and should work fine on organ.
Thanks for the notice!
I know it should work fine on organ, but I think it'd be nice to transcribe it for organ, using 3 bars instead of 2.
But I could probably do that fairly easily, with this knowledge and the xml file being available on ninsheetmusic. :)

I was mistaken, the xml file isn't available. There's a mus file, but I don't know what that's for, MuseScore 2 doesn't open it. I'll use the midi, then, hopefully that will work.
Edit: Nope, that become a mess... :( I should've checked before.
Edit 2: I will use the piano pdf, for now.

Zeila

Nooo, save your time. You can open Mus files with Finale Notepad (if you have a Mac then it may be possible to obtain an older version) and use the program to export it as an Xml file

Libera

Thanks.
I've got an issue now, though. Does anyone here use MuseScore, or know where else I could ask? I can't copy a voice, and I can't delete a voice.

I probably got the answer. https://musescore.org/en/comment/846316#comment-846316
Edit: Yes, it worked! There was another note missing, though: at the very end, during the chord, there's an Ab in the pedal.

Huh, I was done, I thought, but then I noticed there are lots of unnecessary sharps in the sheet. I could fix them by pressing up and then down again, but I wonder why they are there at all? After all, this sheet was fixed up by FireArrow, apparently. Then why are there for example, G#'s in the sheet? If you'd simply put an A, it's the same tone.

Quote from: FireArrow on April 30, 2018, 01:18:59 AMAs the guy who fixed up the arrangement, the only thing that was omitted in the piano version is an eight note A natural in the second voice first beat of measure 10. Everything else is 100% accurate and should work fine on organ.
What do you think? Did you did the G#'s and such?

:/ I guess it was a mistake? Then why hasn't it been fixed? I feel like there might be a reason for it instead... What do you, reader, think? Was it a mistake, or might there be some reason for this notation?

Olimar12345

Midway though the piece the tonality shifts to C# minor, making those lovely G#'s the fifth. It is common in contrapuntal music for the tonal center to move often, which is what this arrangement is modeled after (a fugue, loosely).
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!