News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Arrangement Project (Paper Mario)

Started by Sebastian, January 17, 2014, 11:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: FierceDeity on May 10, 2014, 11:22:29 AMOuch, that hurts. I may procrastinate, but I always follow through when I say I'll do something.
also it's not like I told you when I'd have it done, or anything...
(this is sarcasm, seeing as I totally told you in PM when I'd be able to get to it)

Ahh! I didnt mean it that way. Sorry :(
I was talking about the others songs that WEREN'T taken by someone else.
Didnt mean yours or anyone else's. Sorry :(

And....what one's did you take again? I can put them back into "In Progress" :)

Yugi

If it helps, you do have about 2/3rds of the soundtrack arranged, which is more than what can be said for most arrangement projects!

Sebastian

Brassman388

Sebastian

Maelstrom

If I somehow manage to do "Angry Bowser," does that mean I get to start a Bravely Default arrangement project?  :P

Sebastian

Quote from: maelstrom. on June 02, 2014, 11:06:35 AMIf I somehow manage to do "Angry Bowser," does that mean I get to start a Bravely Default arrangement project?  :P
I have a question and an answer
Are you able to arrange that song?
And I'd help you with the project :)

Maelstrom

I'll try. I have a few ideas and anything I come up with will be better than that abomination on the site.

Sebastian

Quote from: maelstrom. on June 02, 2014, 06:17:10 PMI'll try. I have a few ideas and anything I come up with will be better than that abomination on the site.
Very True! :)

FierceDeity

Oh right, this is a thing. Guess I'd better at least do one of these that I promised to do quick, haha. I'll get to the others tomorrow, but here's Mt. Rugged.
PDF     MUS     MIDI

Sebastian

Sebastian

The Deku Trombonist

Are you sure about that last bar (and perhaps the few before it)? Those bass notes fill in the harmony in such a way that the original emptiness is lost.

FierceDeity

Yeah, I was kinda weighing that negative against the alternative of having no pulse where there's originally constant percussion. Since it doesn't really mess with the harmony or anything, I figured it'd make it work better as a piano arrangement, as sort of a substitute for the constant bass drum. I played back both a bunch of times, and I came to like this way more, because the other one really seems too empty. I mean, you have final say, but those are my thoughts on it.

FierceDeity

Done with Koopa Bros. Tricks, and OH MY GOD FUCK THIS AMBIGUOUS MALLET TIMBRE. It's used in so many goddamn paper mario songs, and it's so difficult to discern pitches from it. There are usually two discrete pitches to it, but goddamn, I placed out of three semesters of aural comprehension classes and I still can't hear this goddamn "pipe sound" thing as well as I'd like...
But, I've put down something that I think works (really it should all be accurate except for the middle voice in measure 5, and in beats 1-3 of measure 6; those parts may or may not be accurate).

PDF     MUS     MIDI

EDIT: To avoid making a triple post, I'll just mention here that theblackgiantdoghead44 seems to have requested a piece that is neither included in this project nor on the site. Is "Huff N Puff Theme" not the right name for it and I'm just missing it, was it excluded from this project for some reason, or was it just forgotten?