I wasn't too sure what to say but it got me thinking: 15 years is quite a long time for a website, especially one for video game sheet music. In that time, many vgm sheet music sites have come and gone, as have countless arrangers and performers. And yet somehow, despite our ups and downs, here we are still chugging along. I've been here for nearly 10 years, which isn't as long as some, but in that time many arrangers and performers have come through here. It's been a privilege to see them grow and in many cases, take what they've learned here and go on to do bigger and better things. Jamaha put it perfectly in a previous birthday post when he wrote: "It feels good to help people play music from the games they love." So here's to another 15 years and more!
Enough speeches, it's time for the champagne and presents! To celebrate our 15th birthday, we're unveiling our new site design! Yes it's been a long time coming but after months of work and plenty of revisions, it's finally here. A big thankyou to all the staff who road tested it and provided feedback. It wouldn't have been possible without you. We still have many more features and improvements on the to-do list so stay tuned for more in the future but for now I think I need a holiday!
Here's a brief run-down of the new features and general improvements.
- It's responsive! So now you can finally browse on whatever device you like without having to squint or zoom in.
- Your forum login now carries over to the main site. For those who are logged in, you'll see your username and you get a little user menu panel. At the moment this doesn't do a whole lot, but we have things planned for it. But it does give you a nice little notification if you've received a PM.
- We have support for swipe detection on touch devices. So if you do a quick right swipe from the left edge of the screen you can open the mobile menu. If you are logged in, you can do a quick left swipe from the right edge of the screen to open the user panel.
- For those on desktop computers, or devices with larger screens, you can use the Quick Browse feature. Just click on the yellow sign which hangs from the menu bar to open a menu that enables you to quickly jump to any series, console, or arranger page.
- Sheet lists are now collapsible. We might make a user setting for this in the future.