News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

TWG LVI: Silence Will Fall

Started by FSM-Reapr, July 22, 2013, 05:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Bubbles7689, the main concern is that there's a 1/3 probability that you're a Wolf, so in this case, the situation is more "guilty until proven innocent" than the standard reverse.  If you're Human, you should be able to at least make some sort of defence through the actions you've made so far.

Bubbles

In the beginning of the game, I was hesitant about vigi'ing inactives. Sure, I kinda gave in after verm responded, but wouldn't it have been better to never have brought extra attention to it like that and just agreed about it from the start? I could see a wolf pretending not to want to vigi potential humans so they could use it as an excuse later in the game, but if you think that's what I did then you probably don't know how hesitant of a player I am. I don't think I've ever actually made plans as a wolf before!

Anyway, if everyone trusts verm and his mysterious seer enough to vote for me, I don't think there's really anything I can say to sway them in the other direction.

The_Subjective_Thought

Verm, do you mind posting the contents of this message that someone contacted you with?

Omitting, of course, the name of whoever sent it to you.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

Waddle Bro

Bubbles

I believe Verm. If he would be lying, the real seer should call him out. If he won't, we can trust him. I don't think verm would make a suicide plan as a wolf just to take out the seer.

Waddle Bro

If we decide to lynch Bubz, I recommend we spread out the votes that Bubbles would have three and others one, because the more votes Bubbles has on her, the more people are confirmed as-non seers and that'd benefit the wolves when they're choosing wolfing targets. I'd say two votes on Bubbles, but I'm sure she'd make a KitB with someone, so that's why three.

FireArrow

TST, stawp it. You went from the top of my suspicion list to the bottom and now you jump back up to the top due to the log we had last night and your reaction to bubbles being seered red.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

vermilionvermin

Quote from: the seerHey Verm, I'm the seer. I seered Bubbles red and you green. I don't know if I can trust you but I really want people to know about Bubbles so could you post in the thread about this without saying my name please? If I'm lying (which I'm not) the real seer will probably counterclaim so you can trust me!

And I'm not sure if I'm reading the rules right, but it sounds like the seer can't seer someone they've already voted for and not the other way around, but I'm not sure if that's true.

K-NiGhT

Okay, so we're only having 3 people vote for bubbles? I'm all for this, so should I just keep my vote on Waddle Bro?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Waddle Bro

It doesn't matter if you vote for the player who's gonna die, I think. That'd only prove you're not the seer. That's about it.

Mashi

Yeah, I think it's more that if Player A is the Seer and he/she votes for Player B, who lives until the Night Phase, Player A can't seer Player B.

If that's the case, it would be better to have 4 votes on Bubbles7689.  I think it would be preferable for people different from the 4 who voted for shadowkirby last Day Phase so that those 4 can self-vote this Phase and so only 4 other Players will be incapable of voting for certain Players.

The_Subjective_Thought

Quote from: FireArrow on July 27, 2013, 09:35:17 AMTST, stawp it. You went from the top of my suspicion list to the bottom and now you jump back up to the top due to the log we had last night and your reaction to bubbles being seered red.

Okay I admit that whole conversation we had was weird.  :P

Seriously though this whole thing is just ringing alarm bells inside my head, admittedly I've never played a werewolf/mafia/whatever-else beyond the last one however someone turning up claiming to have information is just a little strange.

I feel, stopping short of looking for the seer's identity, we should at least try and understand verm's part in this. What I'm basically saying is now I get to look suspicious to everyone because I don't trust verm at all.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

Waddle Bro

Guys, I say we do this like in the good ol' witch hunts. Back in the old days the villagers chained a witch suspect to a big rock and rolled the rock in a lake. If the witch suspect would die, it'd be proven she wasn't a witch, but if she survived, she'd be a witch and the villagers would have killed her!
we let bubbles vote for everybody and if FSM modkills her she's human and verm would be a liar and if she survives we lynch her

jkofc
Quote from: Mashi on July 27, 2013, 11:45:35 AMIf that's the case, it would be better to have 4 votes on Bubbles7689.  I think it would be preferable for people different from the 4 who voted for shadowkirby last Day Phase so that those 4 can self-vote this Phase and so only 4 other Players will be incapable of voting for certain Players.
you mean three right ::)

I think people who aren't voting for Bubbles should spread their votes like safety votes. Don't vote for a person who someone has already voted, instead of three votes on random people.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

FireArrow

Quote from: The_Subjective_Thought on July 27, 2013, 01:41:36 PMOkay I admit that whole conversation we had was weird.  :P

Seriously though this whole thing is just ringing alarm bells inside my head, admittedly I've never played a werewolf/mafia/whatever-else beyond the last one however someone turning up claiming to have information is just a little strange.

I feel, stopping short of looking for the seer's identity, we should at least try and understand verm's part in this. What I'm basically saying is now I get to look suspicious to everyone because I don't trust verm at all.

The only reason I can think of to doubt verm would be to protect your wolf partner. If he's lying, the real seer would counter claim/get someone to counter claim for him. If bubbles if a miller, it's better that we lynched a miller then let a wolf live.

I'm just gonna vote now: Bubbles7689

You guys work out if your gonna have 3 or 4 people.  :P Also, it would be hilarious if Verm/Mashi/Waddle were the wolves.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bubbles

Quote from: Waddle Bro on July 27, 2013, 01:54:14 PMGuys, I say we do this like in the good ol' witch hunts. Back in the old days the villagers chained a witch suspect to a big rock and rolled the rock in a lake. If the witch suspect would die, it'd be proven she wasn't a witch, but if she survived, she'd be a witch and the villagers would have killed her!
we let bubbles vote for everybody and if FSM modkills her she's human and verm would be a liar and if she survives we lynch her

jkofc

oh darn i was actually ok with this plan until i saw the last line

And if you guys are still trying to figure out a way to lynch me, I'd suggest going with 4 votes on me. That would conserve votes for later phases