News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Samus' Theme help?

Started by DonValentino, June 11, 2012, 09:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Ok, so I resumed my work on Samus' Theme, and I realized that the song is performed completely ad libitum.

Does anyone know the Gnossiennes? They are songs composed by Erik Satie that don't have a specific tempo and can be played as the performer desires, well, I mean, always respecting the value of each note. Here's Gnossienne No. 3 in case you don't know them: http://www.free-scores.com/PDF_EN/satie-erik-gnossienne-no-3-350.pdf

So I want to do the same thing with Samus' Theme, but the problem is that I don't know how to do it.
Any ideas?

Bespinben

If you want to remove all measures to indicate no set meter, make an invisible time signature of 50/4 (or however many beats there are).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on June 11, 2012, 09:09:40 AMIf you want to remove all measures to indicate no set meter, make an invisible time signature of 50/4 (or however many beats there are).

Now that makes sense. There are 45 beats, I think. Only one more thing, how do I make an invisible time signature?

Bespinben

To hide the time signature in a measure:

1.Click the Measure tool ; double-click the barline handle of the measure in which you want to hide the time signature. The Measure Attributes dialog box appears.
2.Choose Time Signature > Always Hide. You can also force a time signature to appear in a measure where it would not normally appear by choosing Always Show (see Courtesy time signatures).
3.Click OK (or press ENTER).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on June 11, 2012, 09:27:29 AMTo hide the time signature in a measure:

1.Click the Measure tool ; double-click the barline handle of the measure in which you want to hide the time signature. The Measure Attributes dialog box appears.
2.Choose Time Signature > Always Hide. You can also force a time signature to appear in a measure where it would not normally appear by choosing Always Show (see Courtesy time signatures).
3.Click OK (or press ENTER).

Awesome! Thanks.  :D

Olimar12345

Do you have a link to the song you are arranging?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 11, 2012, 11:19:33 AMDo you have a link to the song you are arranging?

Hmmm... Actually yes... It's almost complete, but still a WIP. Here you go: http://db.tt/v1DnCPgm

Please note that measure 3 is incomplete, as the second layer is just a placeholder of the real notes there.

And most important, it's not the final version, I might do some more changes.

Olimar12345

Meant a youtube link... didn't know which "Samus' Theme" you where doing.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 11, 2012, 12:27:02 PMMeant a youtube link... didn't know which "Samus' Theme" you where doing.

Oh... a youtube link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xikGyPlySMk