General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

DrP

22 days until the Japanese release of the BW games!

SuperFireKirby

Raymondbl wants to know what the best team of any pokemon from any game is. He won't ask himself, little pansie. Don't be in any hurry to respond.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Who cares?

PLUS, that's not something you can answer. EVERY Pokemon (even Magikarp) has its uses (even if that use is to be sent out while you heal a stronger Pokemon).

That's a pretty stupid question. If Roz, Oni, or DrP want to answer, they can...but I'm not wasting my time. ::)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

No Question is stupid, slow...

But in this case, you may be asking people with Doctorates in Pokémon, but we just can't choose a set of 6, or even a list of 20. Like Slow said, every Pokémon has it's uses.

I will say one thing: Alakazam/Porygon-Z/Slaking/Blissey/Rampardos/Shuckle/Ninjask/Shedinja

SlowPokemon

Shuckle? Shedinja? Really? xD

Shadoninja

Best Team Ever: Magikarp/Magikarp/Magikarp/Magikarp/Magikarp/Magikarp. Destroys all sets.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 26, 2010, 06:11:40 PMShuckle? Shedinja? Really? xD

I took those with the highest in each category... i really didn't care/want to put in major thought into it.

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 26, 2010, 06:11:40 PMShuckle? Shedinja? Really? xD

Shedinja's awesome when used properly. Especially because of Wonderguard. Shuckle can be effin' annoying because of it's beastly defenses and especially since it usually knock off/toxic/encore everything out there.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 26, 2010, 06:04:45 PMRaymondbl wants to know what the best team of any pokemon from any game is. He won't ask himself, little pansie. Don't be in any hurry to respond.

It's impossible to answer to that question imho. The metagame keeps changing so even if you had a team that could kick ass, after the metagame changes then you might suck if you don't adapt your team to it. Plus it depends in what tier he wants to play; Uber, OU, BL/UU, NU or Little Cup which are all different kind of play style. There are a lot of factors that can make a team good or bad at a specific moment. Also any team can be good depending on how you use your 'mons. We can't just tell him "use that 'mon, it kicks ass" if it doesn't fit with his style play or his team. He should just make a team with good synergy, try it out and change things that need to be changed.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Shadoninja

porygon-z <3. epic special attacker.

SlowPokemon

Combined with Adaptability, Hyper Beam, and max Sp. Atk stats (plus maybe Choice Specs or Silk Scarf) it is even MORE epic.

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 27, 2010, 04:26:02 AMCombined with Adaptability, Hyper Beam, and max Sp. Atk stats (plus maybe Choice Specs or Silk Scarf) it is even MORE epic.

Tri-Attack > Hyper Beam 'cause he doesn't have to waste a turn to recharge.

Shadoninja

I usually save hyper beam for the last pokemanz.

SlowPokemon

Hyper Beam is SO much stronger.

Tri Attack is meh.

Roz~

Hyper Beam was awesome in RBY. Now it sucks. Using two Tri-Attack is going to deal more damage than using 1 Hyper Beam. The fact that it has 20% chance of either paralyzing, freezing or burning your opponent's 'mons makes it even more better than HB.

DrP

Tri-Attack is better FTW. Just like Roz said, while youre recharging from HB, you can hit with another STAB Tri-Attack from P-Z. It is probably one of the overlooked options to HB (but it is a fairly used move in comparison to others).

I loved using Tri Attack when I had a Dodrio, and it  can really do more damage than HB