News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The Official Nintendo Direct Topic!

Started by EFitTrainr, April 16, 2013, 02:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on December 04, 2015, 08:24:37 PMIf this happens in the Dec Smash Bros livestream I'll be beyond angry. The ONLY characters from a Western Developed company that would even possibly fit in SSB IMO are Shovel Knight (due to the throwbacks to the 8-Bit era done right) or Shantae (Due to the fact that it feels like a game that could have been made in Japan, plus it's very good and feels Nintendo in a way, which wouldn't make her feel odd in SSB... Plus we'd get epic music which is another plus!)

But in all honesty, I really do want to ask this. Does Minecraft even have its own OST? It seems from all that I've heard about it there's barely anything in it, since the game revolves around level creation and whatnot. If Steve somehow got in SSB due to a freak accident from Miiverse Kids, how could his stage even have music? (Unless they make it like that horrid Electroplankton stage from SSBB or add in the decent OST from Story Mode).

That being said, I am interested in the upcoming release of Story Mode. The dev has a good track record and it would be the first game I play from them, too! Seems very charming and I'm happy that's coming to Wii U. Hopefully in the next ND in the new year, they'll go more into detail on what the Wii U story mode disc edition will have and when it'll release (along with the normal game since PEGI rated it)
you sound salt
for the record I don't like minecraft either but sheesh
lay off the hate for a very successful game that's basically just digitized children's blocks

III WAAAAANT SHOVEL KNIIIIIIIGHT
unmotivated

JDMEK5

Quote from: shadowkirby on October 05, 2015, 10:58:50 AMWe have information about Zygarde, including new forms, and the title of the next season of Pokemon is XY and Z... but there's no Z version yet. Hmm. It's almost like they're preparing for an announcement. Maybe in a Direct or something.
Not to rain on your parade but I don't think Pokémon Z will ever be a thing. We haven't had a trump game since Platinum, Emerald being the only other. Technically one might argue that both Black/White 2 together served the same purpose for Black/White 1 but the trump games don't make much sense from a commercial standpoint. If everyone sees Pokémon games being released, it would hurt sales if everyone just waited for the trump game to come out (assuming these releases were consistent enough that people could predict them every time).
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

Quote from: JDMEK5 on December 04, 2015, 09:25:57 PMNot to rain on your parade but I don't think Pokémon Z will ever be a thing. We haven't had a trump game since Platinum, Emerald being the only other. Technically one might argue that both Black/White 2 together served the same purpose for Black/White 1 but the trump games don't make much sense from a commercial standpoint. If everyone sees Pokémon games being released, it would hurt sales if everyone just waited for the trump game to come out (assuming these releases were consistent enough that people could predict them every time).
what are Crystal and Yellow versions, alex?
I feel like the way they make pokemon games now third games in a series aren't necessary, that's all
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 04, 2015, 09:28:16 PMwhat are Crystal and Yellow versions, alex?
heh

QuoteI feel like the way they make pokemon games now third games in a series aren't necessary, that's all
In a way, though, it's nice to see a slightly different take on the games a few years after; in most cases (Crystal/Emerald/Platinum), I personally feel that the "third version" is actually the superior version because of the changes and/or additions that were made.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

JDMEK5

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 04, 2015, 09:28:16 PMwhat are Crystal and Yellow versions, alex?
*facepalm* Yep, forgot those. My commercial analysis still stands though. I stand by that.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 04, 2015, 09:49:56 PMIn a way, though, it's nice to see a slightly different take on the games a few years after; in most cases (Crystal/Emerald/Platinum), I personally feel that the "third version" is actually the superior version because of the changes and/or additions that were made.
I forget who said it and where I read it but I remember reading somewhere that one of the higher-ups of Pokémon considered the "third version" to be the "perfect version" in contrast to the previous two. I think that mindset made it into the development of those games.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Echo

Quote from: JDMEK5 on December 04, 2015, 09:25:57 PMIf everyone sees Pokémon games being released, it would hurt sales if everyone just waited for the trump game to come out (assuming these releases were consistent enough that people could predict them every time).

But everyone doesn't wait for the "trump game." Most get one or both of the first versions, then get the new version afterwards. People that wait for the final version are just bonus sales on top of the people that already got the first.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Echo on December 04, 2015, 10:21:50 PMBut everyone doesn't wait for the "trump game." Most get one or both of the first versions, then get the new version afterwards. People that wait for the final version are just bonus sales on top of the people that already got the first.
Yeah I guess so. Nvm then XD

My Arrangements

Altissimo

"since platinum" isn't really a good metric either since gen 5 was the One generation that didn't use the trump game. It's not like gen 5 has any way to represent a trend bc it was one generation

SlowPokemon

Also, to be fair, Gen V was the most abnormal generation no matter how you look at it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 04, 2015, 09:05:31 PMUm... yes? Quite a lot of music, actually...

Well I'll be darned... My friend who's obsessed with minecraft always complained about the music being rare and forgettable, so I suppose I took his word too seriously. My bad. :(

Homestly I think having to review a lackluster minecraft clone on 3DS one time was what turned me away from the general concept for Minecraft. An unfortunate bias, but maybe one day I'll get over it (still don't think Steve would fit in SSB though. Regardless hopefully story mode gets me to enjoy the Minecraft universe)

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Yug_Guy

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Olimar12345

Still holding out for Pikmin 4 announcement...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

If Nintendo says it's a big huge announcement it's not going to be anything as small scale as a game is my guess. I'm guessing a major company announcement, like the next console or maybe a new service (gigantic mass-uploads of Virtual Console titles would be nice so we didn't have to be drip-fed them).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.