News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Public Places w/Piano's

Started by Zintendo, January 17, 2010, 06:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zintendo

If you see a piano just sitting in a public place, like in a restaurant or some fancy schmancy building you just so happen to be in, do you play it?  I have seen quite a few, one in a disneyland hotel (I was way young at the time) and another just today, in a skillet cafe type place.  You know these pianos are just begging to be played by random people. 
     Have any of you ever dared play these?  I wouldn't dare, too scary :(

on a sidenote not worthy of a full-on topic:

equality is fairness, and fairness is always good.  but the Communists main principle is equality among all under it's rule.  Does this make Communists, *gulp, Good???  dun dun dunnnnn......!!

I invented this paradox, if you are going to take it give credit to the Z-man.
Take a look, to the sky, just before you die.  It's the last time you will.

universe-X

Well, only in a piano shop :P . I don't think I've seen another place with a piano that isn't playing itself (electronically).

Zintendo

Quote from: universe-X on January 17, 2010, 06:49:32 PMWell, only in a piano shop :P . I don't think I've seen another place with a piano that isn't playing itself (electronically).
I can't believe i completely forgot about music stores.  I feel... dumber than usual?

MaestroUGC

Of course I play them in public places. Those people should be lucky I don't charge them for my music. Of course, depending on where it is, I have been kicked off before (a hired player usually comes in).
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Roz~

I saw some when I wasn't taking piano lessons. Now if I'd see one, I guess I'd give it a try, just for the fun of it.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Seeker

I don't think the locals would appreciate my blasting Rachmaninoff/whatever.
This is a signature.

Maretocks

Quote from: Seeker on January 17, 2010, 07:24:07 PMI don't think the locals would appreciate my blasting Rachmaninoff/whatever.
Nor would they SSB's Dreamland. :( People...pftt.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Roz~

I wouldn't mind if they didn't like a song, I play for myself, not for people.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

universe-X

^same here. I completely about our school's piano in the orchestra room. I put on "shows" all the time. The usual medley:

Final Bowser (SM64)
Gusty Garden
Good Egg
Battlerock
(SSBB) Ground Theme
Underground Theme
Space Junk
Jolly Roger Bay

You know, usual stuff. :P

It gets on people's nerves after a while because of this one kid last year who went crazy with video game themes on violin.

Zintendo

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 17, 2010, 07:10:34 PMOf course I play them in public places. Those people should be lucky I don't charge them for my music. Of course, depending on where it is, I have been kicked off before (a hired player usually comes in).
lol you must be master piano, hence the username, Maestro, which translates to Master or Teacher O.o

Uhh... Most people will not care I would think if you play nintendo music, especially if it is not from a mario game they won't even know what it is, they just know it sounds good and you play good.  But the crowd goes wild for the old school mario theme haha.

MasterPenguin

Every time I go to Costco, the sections I pass by have keyboards, which kids are usually at. A few weeks ago I heard some kid playing various VG themes, mario, halo, etc. I'll never play in public, though.

Dude

<3 Costco

I play piano a lot there.

Maretocks

DickSmith have keyboards too. But it's a really quiet store with only like 5 people at a time, including staff, so I'd get embarrassed.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>