Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin discussion thread

Started by FierceDeity, September 28, 2013, 03:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Maybe... with monthly manga updates and a weekly anime release, I can see how they'd want more time for episodes without having ridiculous filler.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

I watched the first three episodes of Attack on Titan, and I'm pretty sure the animators were having a competition to see who could create the most grotesque/sickening/horrific titan possible. And if anyone replies, would you mind marking spoilers according to which episode? Thanks!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

Yeah, the first few episodes were kinda a shock, since I'd never really watched anything that gruesome before. My advice is to stay completely away from any type of info about the series at all until after episode 7 or 8.

The manga is still ongoing, and thats the main problem for me. I constantly get spoiled by things that haven't happened in the anime yet, so if you have anywhere where manga spoilers might reach you I'd be careful

Nebbles

Yeah manga spoilers are abound, so be careful. I got spoiled accidentally a few times...

FierceDeity

So, my friend made this this awesome Attack on Titan parody of Frozen's "Do You Want To Build a Snowman", and it's so goddamn good.

And just to be clear,
DO NOT WATCH THIS UNTIL YOU'VE SEEN THE ENTIRE FIRST SEASON (i.e. pretty much everything that's out) BECAUSE THERE ARE MAJOR SPOILERS

...Also, is youtube BBCode no longer working for anyone else on this forum?

Echo

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 24, 2014, 06:21:11 PM...Also, is youtube BBCode no longer working for anyone else on this forum?

You have to use the video's 'Share' link, not the URL in the Address Bar.

Bubbles

Guys the dub cast has basically been revealed so far (I think the only one left now is Eren) and I'm so proud

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

Do you mean purely by looking at the actor's names and previous roles or the examples from the clips? Either way its too early to make a judgement like that, since we haven't really seen anything substantial yet

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Echo on January 25, 2014, 12:32:10 AMYou have to use the video's 'Share' link, not the URL in the Address Bar.
More specifically, you have to use a "http" not "https" address and (I think) truncate everything after the video url (like all of the &whatever)

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

Not sure how I feel about all the voices. I'm pretty meh on most of them.

KefkaticFanatic

I mean, most dubs are pretty shit-tier, so I don't know if there's really any reason to be thaaaat disappointed.

me irl
[close]

Jompa

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 16, 2014, 11:06:06 AMI mean, most dubs are pretty shit-tier, so I don't know if there's really any reason to be thaaaat disappointed.
uhm, not true.

Quote from: Bubbles on March 14, 2014, 01:52:48 PMDo you mean purely by looking at the actor's names and previous roles or the examples from the clips? Either way its too early to make a judgement like that, since we haven't really seen anything substantial yet
Yes, we can't look into the future, so good point.
Though, the dubbing cast almost only consists of people who I personally mean can't express feelings through their acting, therefore I don't think this dub'll be anything spectacular. Those people don't have any drive in their acting, and the characters they take on always quickly loose interesting-ness.
I can only support this with my past experiences as a voice acting enthusiast.
I've seen worse casts though. It's not exactly doomed. I just think it'll probably be boring.
I hope Eren will get a good voice.

me ranting about what's become of anime dubbing
These last two or three years there's been a "generation-change" in all the Texas-situated voice acting studios for anime (after all, they all use the same dubbers).
Practically speaking, the "veterans" are taking on fewer voices (and some are even leaving), while newbies take their places. Luci Christian, Jessica Boone, Chris Patten, Hilary Haag. Those were the most famous names in the history of anime dubbing, and they were amazing, but most of them haven't had a role in over a year, and what they take on these days are pretty much only to keep the same dubbers over on sequels on previous shows they've done.
Very few of the new/remaining people have the same talent and spirit as those had. I don't know how long Monica Rial, Greg Ayres & Brittney Karbowski will last, but they are pretty much the last veteran-gems.

It's so weird watching shows dubbed five years ago and earlier and comparing them to what comes out these days. There's such a gap between the levels.
[close]
Birdo for Smash

FierceDeity

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 16, 2014, 11:06:06 AMI mean, most dubs are pretty shit-tier, so I don't know if there's really any reason to be thaaaat disappointed.

If I see the sub first, I'm disappointed with the dub.
If I see the dub first, I'm disappointed with the sub.

EFitTrainr

I like food.