News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Latios212's Arrangements - NEW! Pokémon X/Y, Atelier Sophie (3/9/24)

Started by Latios212, January 21, 2015, 06:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

flashbacks to when I used this on my fourth quiz and nobody got it and people flamed me for having terrible taste because I liked it more than the night version

Also I would write this one in 3/4 with double the note values, personally.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 10, 2021, 10:30:20 PMflashbacks to when I used this on my fourth quiz and nobody got it and people flamed me for having terrible taste because I liked it more than the night version
Hadn't played the game back then so I had no idea lol. I think both the day version and night version are great. They're so different I don't even want to compare them... they're both mesmerizing due to different textures the instrumentation creates.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 10, 2021, 10:30:20 PMAlso I would write this one in 3/4 with double the note values, personally.
I started writing it like that, but I didn't like how long the phrases were and the measures all started to look the same after a while... I think it's a lot easier to tell what begins and ends where this way. Here's a PDF of it back when it was still a fast 3/4 - with an 8-measure hypermeter so I wouldn't get lost while transcribing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9y0wxz5yhurjqt4/Valak%20Mountain%204.pdf?dl=0

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 10, 2021, 05:45:29 PMoh I was just thinking about how this would sound on piano a few days ago lol
it sounds pretty good lol
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

2021 Week 20

Been playing the new Famicom Detective Club this weekend :3 I'm enjoying it, and they've done a great job remaking the old music. Here's a nice piano solo!

Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir
NEW!   Utsugi Detective Agency[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

I can only find a compilation of all the music in the game as of right now, so that's what's linked below.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Great to see you're arranging from this remake! Got the original song for reference?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 16, 2021, 04:28:18 PMGreat to see you're arranging from this remake! Got the original song for reference?
Yeah! I've linked it in this post, though I haven't written it out. From what I've heard from the game's soundtrack over the past couple days, it does a really spectacular job of taking the original material and reimagining it, making it sound fresh for today, while keeping the core parts intact. It's what I love to see from remakes <3

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

2021 Week 21

Here's my first Super Paper Mario sheet :P It's... a strange one. Definitely will need to give it another look (honestly have no idea what's going on with some of the accidentals) if I ever get around to submitting it.

Super Paper Mario
NEW!   Pit of 100 Trials[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Awesome to see this one finally completed! I think this is definitely one of the trickiest tracks in the game to arrange, and this sheet sounds great. It's hard bc most of the harmonies come as a result of the different crossing voices and not just background chords - trying to fit that all in a piano solo is really something. Great stuff

Latios212

2021 Week 22

This is the (humorously titled) normal battle theme for Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I had started this one about half a year ago when playing through the game, but, uh... a lot of the stuff in this soundtrack is hard to translate to piano. I think I'll need to take another look at the left hand part in m. 77+ before submitting it next time, but I was surprised how well the rest of it works, especially m. 45+.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
NEW!   SESSION!!![MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Quote from: Static on May 23, 2021, 12:26:33 PMAwesome to see this one finally completed! I think this is definitely one of the trickiest tracks in the game to arrange, and this sheet sounds great. It's hard bc most of the harmonies come as a result of the different crossing voices and not just background chords - trying to fit that all in a piano solo is really something. Great stuff
Thanks, I'm glad you like it! (Really I think the independence of voices made this one seemingly a lot easier to write out than some of the other crazy SPM I've looked at over the years...)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

2021 Week 23

Some old-school Pokémon for today! I'm really happy how this one turned out due to the three contrasting accompaniment patterns - in particular the arpeggios from m. 10+ are really smooth on piano :)

Pokémon Ruby Version & Pokémon Sapphire Version
NEW!   Battle Tower[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

2021 Week 24

Here's another nice piano solo from the remake of Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir!

Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir
NEW!   Memories[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Also, me playing my other sheet from last time - Utsugi Detective Agency.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Whoa, that SPM sheet is pretty sweet. Definitely a challenging song though...I gave up with accidentals in those songs long ago  xD

Great to see your steady flow of sheet output!

Latios212

2021 Week 25

Here's a replacement for one of the sheets on site that needs one most!

Pokémon HeartGold Version & Pokémon SoulSilver Version
NEW!   The Pokémon League[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Quote from: Sebastian on June 19, 2021, 08:56:47 AMWhoa, that SPM sheet is pretty sweet. Definitely a challenging song though...I gave up with accidentals in those songs long ago  xD

Great to see your steady flow of sheet output!
Thanks, glad you like it! It's really... quite something and just as crazy as some other stuff of yours I remember way back when xD

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

2021 Week 26

Just about halfway through 2021 already...

Kirby's Adventure
NEW!   Title Screen[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

2021 Week 27

Been having a great time with DDLC+ and its new tracks ^^

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!
NEW!   Candy Hearts[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

2021 Week 28

A simple but touching one from DDLC+ :)

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!
NEW!   Piece by Piece[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle