A# Butchers Songs with an Intermediate Flute & 1 Year of Experience

Started by A# Minor, June 14, 2023, 08:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A# Minor

Well, this is it. The performance thread that you never knew you wanted. This is where I combine my used student flute that was abused by its previous owner (not me, mind you!) brand new intermediate flute (:D) with GarageBand, one year of experience, and a (potentially) bad microphone setup. I also have silly write-ups to keep you entertained, once I have something to say about the song/character in question.

Anyway...

COMPLETED: Tetris A-type (will redo that sometime soon because it's awful), Waltz of the Boos, Toad's Factory, Melty Molten Galaxy, Grand Star, The Galaxy Reactor, 9:00 PM (ACNH), Mr. L, Green Thunder (my favorite so far!), LoZ Overworld, Rainbow Road (MK7), Staff Roll (ALttP)

CURRENTLY WORKING ON: Assorted Galaxy/Sunshine/64 songs, assorted Paper Mario songs (probably SPM and TTYD), assorted Mario Kart songs, assorted Zelda songs (mostly ALttP lol), some classical stuff, and some other songs I can't remember at the moment™.

Also, I can take requests of songs that are on-site! If you have one, you can post your request on this thread (because I never check my PM box)
Disclaimer: They must be on-site, or at least on the submissions page. Forget about this, I have access to Musescore now!
Disclaimer 2: I'm not that good at playing fast.
Disclaimer 3: My sight reading skills SUCK.

Disclaimer 4: It might take a while.
Disclaimer 5: ... gosh, that's a lot of disclaimers! That makes it sound like I don't want requests, which definitely isn't the case.

This space intentionally left blank

DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FIRST FEW SONGS HERE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

...Um, enjoy! A ha ha ha~
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

A# Minor

(Combined the OP and the second post to make the OP a bit better.)

Post 1:
Anyway, here's my first flute/electronic butchering session cover...
[le snip]

Edit: Was fiddling around with the link, it was giving trouble. Let me know if it doesn't work. Even though you might be happier if that's what happens XD

Post 2:
OK, I probably won't be doing one every single day, but I was able to get this done today. It actually sounds pretty good. So I guess I'm not that bad.

Waltz of the Boos
My friend played nailed the piano part on a digital keyboard because his real keyboard stopped working :)
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

Tobbeh99

Sounds pretty good to be honest. The flute really blended in very well in the tetris one. And sounded very like some 8-bit sound like "square lead"! Pretty cool!
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

A# Minor

Thank you! :D Yeah I did use a square lead because that's the exact sound I was trying to get, glad it worked out XD
I had to play the synth parts separately when I was recording it though...I aM a GrEaT pIaNo PlAyEr!!

EDIT:
*A# Minor plays It's Showtime incredibly slowly
*A# Minor pauses, then looks up
*A# Minor coughs before faking a slightly deeper voice

Huh? Why might you be disturbing me? Oh, that's right... I suppose I should record something. Something that isn't quite so hard, yet something that isn't... excessively simple. Now... I wonder where I may find a quiet place to record in the Underwhere...
So... now that I have something else that I must do... ciao!
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

A# Minor

snip bc nobody wants to hear this
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

A# Minor

Here's Toad's Factory from Mario Kart Wii. Don't ask me why I recorded a brass ensemble sound AND a piano for the backing track, because I don't know either, XD. Kinda drowned myself out a bit but that's OK. (And no, I wasn't showing off with that F mordent, it was actually a mistake and it sounded good. So I kept doing it...and still forgot it once, because I didn't practice it like that.)
OK, I think that's all I have to say.

Toad's Factory

Wait, before I forget to mention this, I always use the wonderful onsite arrangements for recordings. So thanks to all of the arrangers! I got this particular sheet from the "MKWii OST project" Dropbox file, which is somewhere on the forums, but I can't remember where I found it. XD

Wow. Practicing the flute is almost as tiring as doing a 100 fly. Minus the pain, of course.
...What's that face for? Did I say something wrong?
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

A# Minor

I didn't forget about this thread, I was just busy working on orchestrating my own cover of Super Mario Galaxy  :)

Here's another fun one. I know, you can't hear me well over the brass and strings, but you probably don't want to, because I failed. Also, don't mind the annoying trumpet note at the intro, GarageBand put the G4 as part of the trumpet's range instead of keeping the French horn (I think? Can't really tell) playing it... oh well.
Melty Molten Galaxy

I really should've waited for an intermediate flute for this one, because my footjoint keys don't close, so I have to mash the roller in order to hit a low C, AND my trill keys are too sticky to play a B6. :(

Edit: this doesn't really deserve a whole other reply, since it's just 10 seconds long. I didn't feel like doing the whole mic setup so have a black video to avoid an unintentional face reveal B)
Grand Star
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

A# Minor

OK, I know you're getting tired of me playing Galaxy songs...
*moment of silence—nobody is there*
... but they're just so good. I'm working on some stuff that isn't Mario, and I'll hopefully get that done sometime soon, so yay!

This one is way harder than it sounds. Thanks to my friend for playing the piano!
The Galaxy Reactor
This stage was way too easy. I only died about three times trying to beat the stage itself, and for some reason Bowser is a million times easier here than he is on the other two stages.  ???

(By the way, I WAS playing the part on page 2 of the on-site arrangement, it's just hard to hear me)
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

A# Minor

I'm home alone, so recording spree time!

9:00 PM (Animal Crossing: New Horizons) See guys, this isn't Mario!
This is the only ACNH song that I know, since I used to play this game while watching my sister at night... usually at or around 9 PM. (That's when I actually used to play ACNH, XD)
I know it sounds more like a guitar in the game, but I liked the vibraphone sound. Even though a real vibraphone can't go that low or play chords and I would make a mallet player go crazy if I showed them the sheet music

Mr. L, Green Thunder (Super Paper Mario)

This guy is MUCH cooler than Luigi. If only he would learn how to open his shroom shakes a bit quicker...
AAANYWAY, I really don't remember how the original sounded, so I used that heavy synthesizer because I like the synthesizer and the flute. Not sure why. Also, I didn't do the run at the end because I can't hit a low Ab or An. Improvisation for the win!!!

Edit: So I just listened to the original version of this, and, um... yeah... the sound effects though
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: A# Minor on July 07, 2023, 12:14:36 PMMr. L, Green Thunder (Super Paper Mario)
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0pn68x2jazyckzwfeilcx/Mr.-L-Green-Thunder.m4a?rlkey=y99htryhe77l9pjo09hom56q7&dl=0
This guy is MUCH cooler than Luigi. If only he would learn how to open his shroom shakes a bit quicker...
AAANYWAY, I really don't remember how the original sounded, so I used that heavy synthesizer because I like the synthesizer and the flute. Not sure why. Also, I didn't do the run at the end because I can't hit a low Ab or An. Improvisation for the win!!!
This is awesome! You've done the Green Thunder proud. Now if only my pfp and personal text were the same as they were before.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

A# Minor

Haha, thanks! I saw it how it was before XD. I kinda had a feeling you'd say something when I posted this

Also 50 posts yey

Edit: I'm now working on some incredibly hard SPM songs that my friend requested so I'll probably be doing simple stuff for now  :-\
It looks like my days of fangirling have come back to haunt me. Now that I don't even have the game anymore ;-;
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

A# Minor

OK, I have another non-Mario song today. This one's a noice lil tone improver for the first octave. (I was planning on recording some more, but my quiet time ended early :( )

Overworld (The Hyrule Fantasy: The Legend of Zelda)
Just started getting into LoZ—the original one, of course! With a little pixelated green guy running around who always opens his mouth when he—
*A# Minor is stabbed in her back.
...Yikes. I wasn't expecting that. Gosh Link, I thought you were at least somewhat nice. Maybe he's just upset because I make him die so often.
I better get out of here...
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

A# Minor

And because I can't sleep, I'll go ahead and upload this...

Space Junk Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy... isn't that implied though?)

This was surprisingly fun to play. I recorded this directly after Charming Magician, so the mood switch was rather interesting. Also, I (kinda) played the piano part, but don't ask me how it's possible to (kinda) play a piano part. XD

The galaxy itself was... noice. But don't get me started with Purple Coin Spacewalk. I'M SURE I DIED OVER 20 TIMES. Oh wait... this isn't the Purple Coin song, so forget I ever said that. Besides, Battlerock's Purple Coins and Purple Coins in the Bone Pen was WAAAAY worse.
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

A# Minor

I am running out of song ideas lol

Rainbow Road (Mario Kart 3DS Mario Kart 7)
If you didn't notice, this is the same synthesizer I used for the LoZ overworld, and I'll probably continue using it whenever I need an 8-bit sound. I like the flute and the synth way too much. Maybe I should start adding some simple percussion
Anyway, this track is nice. This is one of the only tracks that I have a 75% percent chance of winning on. I did this track on my friend's 3DS, on the awful game known as Mario Kart Tour, and on my Switch, so I have it memorized for the most part.

Um...

It's kinda hard to write a paragraph about an object, and I know you wanted one... we all know you enjoy my write-ups more than my music!
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]