The "Replacing the Sheets Project" 1.0 - Current Target: Banjo-Kazooie

Started by Sebastian, December 27, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clanker37

Uhmm...Why did you change the key to G major/C Lydian?

Kirkhope hardly ever uses modes rather, he sticks to major and minor keys, so it is unlikely, given the context of the song, that this is in C Lydian. I think given the compositional and atmospheric style of the piece, that it is in C major. Kirkhope keeps his music melodically simple, so I think its more likely he intended C major over Lydian.

I can see how you thought it needed C Lydian, with no F's in the theme and occasional F#'s, however this is due to the chord changes Kirkhope employs. Banjo-Kazooie was written using the chord progression I - #IV since it sounds "kooky." (Analyse "Mumbo's Mountain's" main theme to see this). "Treasure Trove Cove" also does this during its B and C sections. Kirkhope also uses a I - bVI progression he uses in other songs, (e.g "Grunty Industries.") in the main melody. In this case, rather than an F#, it should be a Gb, given the change in chords.

Sorry if I got all technical on you, but this is a key signature we're talking about. Nothing could be of more importance.

Olimar12345

I agree with Clanker, change the key back to C and just use accidentals. C is tonic.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: Clanker37 on September 07, 2015, 12:25:37 AMUhmm...Why did you change the key to G major/C Lydian?
no F's in the theme and occasional F#'s
Actually, that's exactly what I was thinking. :P

Quote from: Clanker37 on September 07, 2015, 12:25:37 AMSorry if I got all technical on you, but this is a key signature we're talking about. Nothing could be of more importance.
No problem! And I agree, hence my decision to change it; it always worries me when I see an older sheet with a bunch of flats or sharps, but in C Major. I generally assume that the previous arranger didn't put in the proper Key Sig due to laziness.

Fixed!
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Sebastian

Sebastian

I decided to do Treasure Trove Cove from scratch:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9tw6h74odqlmal/Banjo-Kazooie%20-%20Treasure%20Trove%20Cove.mus?dl=1

All the songs are now done!

Sebastian

Status Update:

57 accepted, 21 needing reviewed, and 0 needing arranged.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

Status Update:

73 accepted, 5 needing reviewed, and 0 needing arranged.  :o

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Olimar12345

Project has been completed. Congrats all around! Topic is being archived, see you next mission!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!