News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

How to get more stars in your profile

Started by SALT1NE, May 15, 2012, 02:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SALT1NE

I see peopleuse it and I don't know how to use it. Can someone tell me?

fingerz

The stars just mean that you have posted a lot, that's all. They don't have any special use. :P
AND don't think you can get tonnes of stars by spamming everywhere on the forum, 'cause you'll just get banned.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Nebbles

Nah, those are gold stars we get for being good members. We're just all special.

...no, I'm kidding, it's what fingerz said. XD
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SALT1NE

Jamaha

Yeah, they just signify post count. You don't really get anything for having them so no point in raising your post count deliberately.

Of course there are also the bigger stars for admin/mods.

Kman96

Quote from: JaMaHa on May 23, 2012, 02:11:06 AMYeah, they just signify post count. You don't really get anything for having them so no point in raising your post count deliberately.

Of course there are also the bigger stars for admin/mods.

Here's something I've always wondered: what are the different level of stars? Like how can you tell if you're going to van a star or not? I've seen users with "nintendo nocturne" at 1789 posts, AND at 7643...what's the dif?
Party Hard!
[close]

fingerz

There's a list somewhere which tells you how many posts you need to make to get stars and title changes... Also, Nintendo Nocturne is the highest, so that's why people can have many more posts than someone else and have that title.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

spitllama

2,000 is Nintendo Nocturne. There's no way you saw a user with 1789 posts and that ranking (unless you were just picking random numbers and making a point)
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Kman96

Quote from: fingerz on May 23, 2012, 06:30:39 PMThere's a list somewhere which tells you how many posts you need to make to get stars and title changes...
I would like to see that somewhere... Please...

Quote from: fingerz on May 23, 2012, 06:30:39 PMAlso, Nintendo Nocturne is the highest, so that's why people can have many more posts than someone else and have that title.
really? Because then that leaves like 2 or 3 spots left for stars... O.o perhaps there is a star level that has never been reached... Perhaps for someone with OVER 9000 posts...

Quote from: spitllama on May 23, 2012, 06:36:14 PM(unless you were just picking random numbers and making a point)
yeah, what's that I did. You see?? I need that list!
Party Hard!
[close]

spitllama

Click "Members"
   >View the Memberlist
        >Posts (located on the right of the page)

Now you see all the members, their post counts in order, and their rankings. From this you can guesstimate (it moves in intervals of 500/1,000) what count is for which title.

On the newer version of the forums, as I have set, the Nintendo Nocturne is full. It looks like this:

So Nintendo Nocturne is really the highest you can go (other than admin/mod status)
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Winter

Quote from: JaMaHa on May 23, 2012, 02:11:06 AMOf course there are also the bigger stars for admin/mods.

What? I'm not just awesome?

Jamaha

KefkaticFanatic

There used to be this fancy magic bar that got all rainbowy when you reached max level, but I think that died when the forums were lost that one time

me irl
[close]

Jamaha

Yeah. Unfortunately all traces of those files disappeared then.

SALT1NE

Wow. I just posted a random question expected like 1 answer and I got like 20. I'm surprised