[SNES] Plok! - "Beach" by Cashwarrior1

Started by Zeta, April 08, 2023, 12:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Bloop on August 12, 2023, 11:39:03 AM-The key signatures at the start seem kinda random to me: at first it's E major, making the Emaj9 - Dmaj9 the I-bVII. Then it becomes Ab major, making the Dbmaj9 and Cbmaj9 a IV-bIII, and later on it becomes F major, making the Bbmaj9 and Abmaj9 a IV-bIII. I think it'd make more sense to have the first chord of all of these the I, so it switches between I and bVII, which would make the key signature at m13 Db major (5 flats) and at m17 Bb major (3 flats). I think switching at m17 also makes more sense than at m21, since this is where the Bbmaj9 and Abmaj9 chords start.
I'm assuming the Bb major should go through the m21 section (since I had it as 1 flat).

Quote from: Bloop on August 12, 2023, 11:39:03 AM-m35 and similar: You may have already tried this, but I think it reads a little bit cleaner to have the chords at beat 4.25 be in a seperate layer, as it looks a bit weird to have the melody tied over into the chord.
You cannot view this attachment.
There's one of these in m47 as well. Trying to not have accidentals clash with dots might be a bit of a thing though..
I have, in fact, not tried this 🙃. I adjusted everything to try and cram in the accidentals as well as keep the visual rhythmic distinction. Doing this made some of the ties go wonky, and I checked and fixed them but the one going from m37-m38 tilted for some reason and I can't fix them?

Updated.

Bloop

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on August 12, 2023, 01:47:48 PMI'm assuming the Bb major should go through the m21 section (since I had it as 1 flat).
Yep, that's what I was aiming for ^^

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on August 12, 2023, 01:47:48 PMI have, in fact, not tried this 🙃. I adjusted everything to try and cram in the accidentals as well as keep the visual rhythmic distinction. Doing this made some of the ties go wonky, and I checked and fixed them but the one going from m37-m38 tilted for some reason and I can't fix them?
Maybe if you try flipping the ties back to its original orientation that might work, or slightly increasing the space at the end of the measure so the tie has more room to live? Throughout this section btw, you can flip the notes and ties to their original positions as if there wasn't a second layer, except for the parts at beat 4 of course: as long as there aren't any rests or notes from another layer below a note, the layout can stay as normal.

Also, this thing about the tempo:
Quote from: Bloop on August 12, 2023, 11:39:03 AMand it stays at that tempo even when the song repeats again. Maybe you could make a note of that somehow?
So m71 is still at 8th=235, and it stays at that tempo when it goes back to the D.S.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Bloop on August 13, 2023, 05:21:10 AMAlso, this thing about the tempo:So m71 is still at 8th=235, and it stays at that tempo when it goes back to the D.S.
Interesting 🤔

Updated.

Bloop

Awesome, then I'll accept!
You cannot view this attachment.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot