News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[MUL] Elden Ring - "Lord's Apparition" by Libera

Started by Zeta, March 13, 2022, 07:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Elden Ring
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Lord's Apparition
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

I cannot look at the word 'Apparition' without thinking it's misspelled.

Fantastic Ike

Nice to see any Souls sheet, especially Elden Ring!

Static

Cool sheet here
  • m6 RH: I think this is Bn instead of Bb.
  • m32 RH: The 16th note figure isn't just a transposition of m28, it sounds more like Db-Bn-C-D-Eb.
  • m33-34: Although the upper voices do sound like they hold out longer than the bass in the original, I think the effect of the rests would be greater if they were in both the RH and LH. Right now it doesn't really sound that much different from anything before or after.
I think that's it, looks good.

Libera

Quote from: Static on March 20, 2022, 02:04:26 PMm6 RH: I think this is Bn instead of Bb.

Hmm I still hear a Bb distinctly here.

Quote from: Static on March 20, 2022, 02:04:26 PMm32 RH: The 16th note figure isn't just a transposition of m28, it sounds more like Db-Bn-C-D-Eb.

I think you're right, but I feel like the Db makes more sense as a Dn and it could just be the strings are a little flat there.  The Db doesn't sound amazing on piano coming directly off of that G chord.

Quote from: Static on March 20, 2022, 02:04:26 PMm33-34: Although the upper voices do sound like they hold out longer than the bass in the original, I think the effect of the rests would be greater if they were in both the RH and LH. Right now it doesn't really sound that much different from anything before or after.

Yeah I totally agree here.  I considered having it like this before but went with what I did now to be more 'technically accurate' but I agree it doesn't get the contrast across very well.  Changed.

Thanks for having a look.  Files updated!

Static

Quote from: Libera on March 20, 2022, 04:12:25 PMHmm I still hear a Bb distinctly here.
It still sounds more like a Bn to me, but maybe it's just kinda sharp. That chord sounds really dissonant to me in the original, not so much in your sheet.

The other stuff looks good though, so I'll approve and maybe someone else can take a look at that one part.

XiaoMigros

QuoteIt still sounds more like a Bn to me, but maybe it's just kinda sharp. That chord sounds really dissonant to me in the original, not so much in your sheet.
To me, it seems like the choir sings Bn but the strings (and/or their overtones) play Bb. Personally I'd opt for Bn here, though I can see both working.

Bloop

To add to the Bn/Bb discussion, I think the choir is singing something like a quarter tone between the two (I wonder if that was intentional or not). I personally probably would've heard it as Bn because of the dissonance as well, but since it could go either way, I can live with Bb as well

Some other small things:
-m16: Maybe you could add the two high string notes in this bar, to keep some momentum? (maybe not necessarily as trills but just as a straight D and Eb)
-m24: You could add a courtesy accidental at the Ab in this bar, as it could easily be mistaken as another F major chord (with the E major stuff surrounding it)
-m36: I hear the choir and strings jump lower down to Bn in beat 2, instead of D.

Libera

Quote from: Bloop on March 29, 2022, 07:42:14 AMTo add to the Bn/Bb discussion, I think the choir is singing something like a quarter tone between the two (I wonder if that was intentional or not). I personally probably would've heard it as Bn because of the dissonance as well, but since it could go either way, I can live with Bb as well

I agree with this being a pretty out of tune note.  My reasoning for going with the Bb is that I can hear one elsewhere in the strings, and the Bn sounds too dissonant to me and doesn't really fit that well in the piano arrangement, at least in my opinion.

Quote from: Bloop on March 29, 2022, 07:42:14 AMSome other small things:
-m16: Maybe you could add the two high string notes in this bar, to keep some momentum? (maybe not necessarily as trills but just as a straight D and Eb)
-m24: You could add a courtesy accidental at the Ab in this bar, as it could easily be mistaken as another F major chord (with the E major stuff surrounding it)
-m36: I hear the choir and strings jump lower down to Bn in beat 2, instead of D.

I've added these (or tried to).  We talked and agreed that it was probably a D on beat 2 of bar 36 rather than an F.

Thanks!  Files updated.

Bloop

Great! Then I'll accept!
You cannot view this attachment.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot