News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

SlowPokemon's Arrangements--NEW Ace Attorney (June 11)

Started by SlowPokemon, November 07, 2010, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

fingerz

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 03, 2014, 08:38:20 PMIt's not a hard question. I arrange because the greats are infinitely better than me, and I truly love their work. I arrange their music in the hopes of understanding it better and learning from it.
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like it was a hard question. It's a great way to see how the guys at the top come up with stuff. That's why I do it too! :D Thanks for answering. :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

[PS2]Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Corridor - [ZIP]

This is a lovely piece and I arranged it because I want to play it myself on the piano :J Hope you guys enjoy!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Hey guys! So I redid my entire first post to make it much more accessible and user-friendly, so you should check it out! In addition, I added and updated a ton of sheets that I hadn't gotten around to posting yet for whatever reason. Here's a list of what's new or edited:

[3DS]Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale
A Father's Dream (Ensemble Arrangement)

[3DS]Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Puzzles Abroad (Ensemble Arrangement)
Warmth and Kindness

[3DS]Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Labyrinthia (updated piano solo)
Labyrinthia (Ensemble Arrangement)

[NDS]Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Courtroom Lobby ~ Beginning Prelude
Cross-Examination ~ Allegro 2001
Cross-Examination ~ Moderato 2001
Logic and Trick
Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2001
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney惻Trial

[NDS]Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Professor Layton's Theme (updated piano solo)
Puzzles (Ensemble Arrangement)

[NDS]Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
The Research Facility (Ensemble Arrangement)

[PS2]Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Corridor (updated piano solo)

Hope you guys enjoy the update! Note that I only edited the original post, so there will be links posted throughout my thread by me that will no longer be working. From now on, use the original post to download my arrangements.

TheZeldaPianist275

Slow, I know I'm not here that often, but I just wanted to say A+ on the consistent quality of your arrangements :)  Makes me happy to see so much updated!

SlowPokemon

SlowPokemon

Two updated Last Specter arrangements for you today, one of which is completely reworked!
[NDS]Professor Layton and the Last Specter
A Quiet Afternoon - [ZIP]
Misthallery's Many Canals - [ZIP]

"A Quiet Afternoon" has simply been edited slightly and fixed for formatting issues, but "Misthallery's Many Canals" was completely redone from scratch since I really need a quality arrangement of this piece and my original was so lacking. Enjoy!

Bespinben

I like the new arrangements! A lot! But, only Quiet Afternoon I wish to mention today:

This is a formatting change I thought you could implement. I feel this distribution of the measures better reflects the overarching hypermeter (that is, 4-bar phrases).
You'll just have to make the page like 75% size and widen the systems, but that's no sweat!

Another thing worth considering is that, after listening to the original song (very cute, btw), I think you could make contrasting senza pedale and con pedale sections, from m. 1-18, and m.19 to end, respectively. This would better reflect the addition of the harp backing starting at m.19. (Really doesn't have to be that way, but just an idea that would incorporate that).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

SlowPokemon

Ah that's a good suggestion about the pedal markings but I don't think I'll be implementing it as it would stray farther from the original piece. The pedal isn't a substitute for the harp.

I also won't be changing the formatting as it's already on two pages without being so cramped, and I don't think it makes the sheet difficult to read at all.

However I did notice that I put my repeat sign in the wrong place in the original arrangement so I wihave to update the files anyway, haha. I made this arrangement a couple years ago and I didn't change very much except the formatting yesterday. If/when I submit it to the site, I'll look at it more in-depth.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Bespinben on October 28, 2014, 10:34:26 PMYou'll just have to make the page like 75% size and widen the systems, but that's no sweat!

I'd try not to go below the 85-80%. Keeps it from getting too tiny.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

[NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations惻Prologue - [ZIP]

Maelstrom

Great arrangement!
First: There are still Pno. markings in the files.
Second: Measure 45. You don't need to take my advice or anything, but I feel that changing the time sig is unnecessary there. I booted up my copy of the game, and there isn't really a break that warrants a rest with a fermata.
It's pretty good otherwise.

SlowPokemon

Thanks! That damn Pno thing gets me every time, idk why it's necessary to remove it. And you're right, I agonized over all of the timing stuff since the intro and ending are sort of played in direct correlation with what's happening on screen. I'll change that.