News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Who do you think is the best Video game composer?

Started by jake3343, August 19, 2008, 06:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think is the best Video game composer?

Koji Kondo
36 (58.1%)
Nobuo Uematsu
12 (19.4%)
Grant Kirkhope
5 (8.1%)
somebody else
9 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Tranzlater

Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Empathica1928

I don't listen to enough video game music to really say, but out those it's a tie between Kondo and Uematsu.  KK has the iconic classic themes for so many smash hit games and they have more of an 8-bit, simple sound to them, whereas NU has a very orchestral, symphonic sound, much more like a film score than a happy-go-lucky video game.

Really I love both of them, along with Yasunori Mitsuda and Motoi Sakuraba.

Roz~

Quote from: iDennis on August 07, 2009, 01:27:34 PMI vote for Motoi Sakuraba. Listen to his music and guess why I've chosen him.

-Eternal Sonata - Pyroxene of the Heart

-Baten Kaitos - To the End of the Journey of Glittering Stars

;)

Baten Kaitos music sure is awesome. God I love that game. So yeah, I have to add Sakuraba to my list.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Brassman388

Quote from: Tranzlater on August 09, 2009, 03:16:28 AMI've only heard of Hajime doing Starfox...

Koji did Starfox 64, I'm not sure who did Adventures. Arakawa reorchestrated all of Koji's work for Assault, it's amazing.

WiiMan96

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 09, 2009, 08:15:07 PM
Quote from: Tranzlater on August 09, 2009, 03:16:28 AMI've only heard of Hajime doing Starfox...
I'm not sure who did Adventures.

Dave Wise did Adventures.

My faves are:

• Nobuo Uematsu
• Koji Kondo
• Dave Wise
• Jun Chikuma

For those wondering who Jun Chikuma is, she composed most of the Bomberman series music. The only reason she's there is because of the Bomberman Tournament Score, which is epically awesome. I arrange those songs. ;D

SuperFireKirby

My 3 favorite composers from 1st to 3rd are:

• Tomohito Nishiura
  • Koji Kondo
  • Jun Ishikawa(Composed many songs for Kirby)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!