News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

It's going to be pretty intense up until the last moment.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

it's going to go to house of representatives this year
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Ooh! Something we haven't seen since Adams was elected!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

FireArrow

I learned some things about Clinton and now I'm really uncomfortable with either candidate in office. Going third party shoot me...
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Which were those, exactly? I'm curious which one it was that triggered the more negative view.
what is shitpost

mikey

I have absolutely 0 problems with her platform other than the fact that it involves spending way too much money
but...
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

IMO probably the best way to cut all that spending and still retain a sound country would be to reform military spending. I understand that having a strong military is a good thing to keep peace imminent, but things like the completely unnecessary wars literally everywhere in Asia and projects that take trillions but never do anything important.
what is shitpost

Maelstrom

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on November 04, 2016, 09:58:57 PMIMO probably the best way to cut all that spending and still retain a sound country would be to reform military spending. I understand that having a strong military is a good thing to keep peace imminent, but things like the completely unnecessary wars literally everywhere in Asia and projects that take trillions but never do anything important.
I agree with you so much here. It just sucks that anyone who says that will get torn apart during the race by fear mongering and the like saying, "this candidate doesn't believe you should be safe." It sucks, because this is the best place to get funding, and could easily balance the budget, and start on that debt.

mikey

That's the biggest spending argument I hear and let's be honest, most of the money is constantly being spent on roadways and bridges.  Military spending can't realistically be "cut drastically", many people's livelihood depends on it.  Meanwhile we're still using tar and crap for roadways, which lasts for about a year and gets destroyed in the winter
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Discretionary spending allocated to the military is going to roadways and bridges? I guess that explains why our infrastructure gets a D- from the American Civil Society of Engineers...

I'd be all for reallocating funds from the military to things like infrastructure, bailing out some student loan debt, NASA, etc..
what is shitpost

FireArrow

We'd probably get a B+ if it wasn't for Pennsylvania.

Maelstrom

Quote from: FireArrow on November 05, 2016, 12:43:44 AMWe'd probably get a B+ if it wasn't for Pennsylvania.
I take offence
And don't know what you're talking about

mikey

*Patiently waits for those people to realize that the election won't significantly change the outcomes of minorities' lives*
unmotivated

FireArrow

Trump puts new people in supreme court and they overturn the ruling on marriage equaility. Gay people once again have to travel to certain states to get married.

If trump pulls through on his deportation promise,a lot of Mexican families are gonna be split apart.

If trump can get the governmentto go through with his plans for Muslims that's gonna suck pretty hard for them.

Repealing Obama care would leave a lot of poor people without healthcare. This impacts racial minorities more than whites as due to inequality they are disproportionately poor. Hell, any economic policies that furthers economic status quo harms minorities.

Trump has no plans on making anti-discrimination laws for gay people federal. Then again, I don't think clinton does either.

This is not an argument why clinton is better than trump, they both suck. I'm just clarifying that trump could negatively impact civil rights and that it's a legit concern.

SlowPokemon

I think that, at the very least, Hillary Clinton should go to juvie
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.