The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on March 06, 2019, 05:36:45 AMWhen I graduate High School, do I automatically gain an influx of knowledge?
No, you're just regarded as an adult and your opinion matters about six and a half times more.
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

mikey

nope, unfortunately that's not how it works

it's a gradual progression of realizing just how much you DON'T know and it becomes so overwhelming that people have to "major" in specific fields just so that they can feel like they know anything at all
unmotivated

FireArrow

I mean there's certain steps you take around then that help you mature a lot i.e. getting a job, living on your own, etc. but I wouldn't put highschool graduation on that list
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on March 06, 2019, 06:19:03 AMNo, you're just regarded as an adult and your opinion matters about six and a half times more.
Note that this was just I joke.
Spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on March 06, 2019, 12:22:24 PMNote that this was just I joke.

Note that here, on NSM, your jokes are taken seriously, and your serious statements are treated as jokes.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: LeviR.star on March 06, 2019, 01:48:51 PMNote that here, on NSM, your jokes are taken seriously, and your serious statements are treated as jokes.
Not gonna lie, IK your joking, but not cause it really seems that way with me. It's reverse psychology.

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: LeviR.star on March 06, 2019, 01:48:51 PMNote that here, on NSM, your jokes are taken seriously, and your serious statements are treated as jokes.
Note that he mocked the "note that..." in my post meaning that it was mostly a joke (a joke with some truth, but still a joke)
Spoiler
[close]

cashwarrior1

I've been dealing with a lot of friends who seem to struggle with who they are and who they want to be. It feels like everyone has the mindset that graduating high school will change everything and all the sudden everything will be better and they'll be smarter and more entitled to demand respect. I'm curious to hear your experiences (those who have graduated high school) to see if my suspicions are true. I also realize that this is a new experience to me in which nobody else has shared their experiences with me, and so I feel as if I'm not equipped to handle it. So, if you could share your experiences with this, I'd be more than happy to learn!

Splatoon Inkling

Now let's go back to square one. It was a joke, square two it's serious square three hsuawvushsgdosjwuwjwhsis, square four............... Let's just start over.

Bobbythekid21

Start over you say? Ok:
Quote from: Harvest on February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PMBecause someone didn't make backups (JaMaHa!  Beat him!)  We lost the Post Your Thoughts of the Moment thread and all of its glory!

Here it is, the greatest thread of all time.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2!
Spoiler
[close]

mikey

can confirm people take me seriously for some reason

unmotivated

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on March 06, 2019, 03:28:48 PMI've been dealing with a lot of friends who seem to struggle with who they are and who they want to be. It feels like everyone has the mindset that graduating high school will change everything and all the sudden everything will be better and they'll be smarter and more entitled to demand respect. I'm curious to hear your experiences (those who have graduated high school) to see if my suspicions are true. I also realize that this is a new experience to me in which nobody else has shared their experiences with me, and so I feel as if I'm not equipped to handle it. So, if you could share your experiences with this, I'd be more than happy to learn!
People are too up in the clouds innit. Just pick something that sounds okay and do it forever, simple.

So no. It dunt change for most people. But it should if ya got your head screwed on right
innit

LeviR.star

Quote from: mikey on March 06, 2019, 04:46:45 PMcan confirm people take me seriously for some reason

nah, I stopped doing that
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Maelstrom

Let me put it this way.

When you think you have a basic understanding of things, you're ready for a GED

Then you study a lot. When you think you understand it, you're ready for a bachelors

So you study more and more. Eventually, you'll realize you don't know anything. Then you're ready for your masters.

You try to fix that by studying more. All you learn is that no one actually knows anything. Then you're ready for your doctorate

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 07, 2019, 06:51:03 AMLet me put it this way.

When you think you have a basic understanding of things, you're ready for a GED

Then you study a lot. When you think you understand it, you're ready for a bachelors

So you study more and more. Eventually, you'll realize you don't know anything. Then you're ready for your masters.

You try to fix that by studying more. All you learn is that no one actually knows anything. Then you're ready for your doctorate
Dude, this guy is a genius pianist, and he has a doctorate degree in piano performance. Martin Leung AKA the Video Game Pianist. http://videogamepianist.com
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Game_Pianist
https://www.youtube.com/user/MMLeung
I thought it was kind of near to find out that he was the guy who started the trend of posting videos of playing video game music on the piano. That was in 2004 , and his career began quite literally overnight! Now I'm taking you seriously.