Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FierceDeity

Just rocked my end-of-semester concert!
Because there's only like 20 of us in the music program at our Prague campus, we had a program-wide concert, and it was awesome. Such a wide range. I played in a brass trio, a banjo-piano-trumpet-trombone jazz group (with banjo occasionally switched for guitar, trumpet* also occasionally switched for guitar, and about half of our set was pop-ish), and that same brass trio playing on my 8-bit + live brass piece (my first actual live performance of one of my pieces)! There was an amazingly positive response to my piece, and I'm super thankful. Recording coming soon.
*EDIT: Idk why I originally said trombone. That'd imply that I actually know how to play guitar.

also got kinda wasted with the entire program at a school-funded afterparty, wooooo

But no, like, I'm actually so overwhelmed by the reaction to my piece. I'm goddamn awful at accepting praise, but I got so much of it, and I'm so touched. Just thought I'd share that with you guys.

Also got an offer to play trombone on some albums/concerts of a music friend with a legitimate band and following, so that's awesome.

Hero of Trains

That's great! I'm so happy for you!  ;D
I'm really glad the reaction to your piece was positive. That must feel great! It must have been fun playing with so many different kinds of instruments!  :)
I bet it was amazing. Hope you're better at accepting my praise! ;)
It's great that you get to play with your friend who has a following! You must be super excited!
I'm really happy for you, and I'm glad things went so well! :)
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on May 05, 2015, 05:02:36 PMJust rocked my end-of-semester concert!
Because there's only like 20 of us in the music program at our Prague campus, we had a program-wide concert, and it was awesome. Such a wide range. I played in a brass trio, a banjo-piano-trumpet-trombone jazz group (with banjo occasionally switched for guitar, trombone also occasionally switched for guitar, and about half of our set was pop-ish), and that same brass trio playing on my 8-bit + live brass piece (my first actual live performance of one of my pieces)! There was an amazingly positive response to my piece, and I'm super thankful. Recording coming soon.

also got kinda wasted with the entire program at a school-funded afterparty, wooooo

But no, like, I'm actually so overwhelmed by the reaction to my piece. I'm goddamn awful at accepting praise, but I got so much of it, and I'm so touched. Just thought I'd share that with you guys.

Also got an offer to play trombone on some albums/concerts of a music friend with a legitimate band and following, so that's awesome.
Wow
that's always great
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Saria

Quote from: Hero of Trains on May 05, 2015, 03:31:44 PMBut we won't give up!   ;)
Anyways, I've seen all of you be nice people towards me and others on this forum, so you all have hope. Some may be more argumentative than others, but I bet if we met, especially face to face, we would all get along super well!  ;D

i like you m8
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Hero of Trains

Thanks! That's very nice of you to say :)
I like you as well! You seem like a very cool person.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

The Deku Trombonist

That's awesome Fierce!

Trombone nerd question: just wondering, what sort of horn do you play?

Jub3r7

The kind on a steering wheel.  8^y
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

FierceDeity

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on May 05, 2015, 08:12:46 PMThat's awesome Fierce!

Trombone nerd question: just wondering, what sort of horn do you play?

Thanks! :3

And my horn this semester is actually a piece of shit, but I'm renting it for about 6 USD for the entire semester so I can't complain lol. It's made by Schagerl, some Austrian company I've never heard of; small bore, no trigger. The spit valve actually had to be wired shut, and it still ends up leaking (fortunately just water, no air).

But my own horn in the states is a small bore Conn with an F trigger and it's glorious, especially considering I got it for about $350 refurbished.

Olimar12345

Do you happen to know the model or year for that conn? That could be a nice horn. When you say refurbished, was it relaquered?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

I know a number of jazz trumpeters who swear by Schagerls, so maybe they don't make great trombones, or perhaps you got a dud. But that rent sure is cheap. That spit valve reminds me of the one on my old bone which wasn't soldered on particularly well, so one day I went to empty it and the solder gave way and spring launched the thing across the room.

I've heard quite a few good things about the older Conns, and getting a small horn with a valve would be so handy.

Maelstrom

QuoteUniversal Parks & Resorts: Theme Park Chain Will Host Rides Inspired by Nintendo Video Games

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle