News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

universe-X

Easily? Are you kidding?

And MAJORTIY of people. I know a handful of people that would love to try some of UGC's songs... on any instrument...

Brassman388

Yeah, It seems like your arrangements are more suited for an large ensemble. There's just too much going on.

MaestroUGC

Too much, huh?

Should I orchestrate all 31 of my arrangements for a philharmonic orchestra?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Brassman388

MaestroUGC

universe-X

Wel, maybe not ALL 31. Some songs are meant for piano only ;)

Maybe something like Pokémon Red - Title theme, Wizpig Race, or SSBM Fountain of Dreams (since, of course it was meant for an orchestra)...

just a few that have some chords overcrowding, (kinda hard to read).

MaestroUGC

Well, if I do orchestrate them...I will not arrange music that was already written for an orchestra or has been orchestrated in a game before. Those pieces are piano reductions of the score, so essentailly I already did the inverse.

Cobraroll

Actually, I think there is more use of these arrangements than just professionals playing them. Okay, they may be unplayable for 99% of any target group, but there are some good ideas in there. When I feel I've mastered the "standard version" of an arangement, I go to the Virtouso versions to see how it can be improved. For example, elaborating a few chords, add a few notes here and there, etc. I'm years away from being able to play any of these songs, but I can fetch small parts of it and put into the easier versions that are already on site. And for the most part, it sounds better.

Can't wait for DDD, by the way!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Taser9090

I'd really like it if you start Impact Site; Night.

It really sounds good, and with your virtuoso skills, it could sound as good!

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Nakah

I like these, but maestro you are absolutely insane. Out of your mind. On the Dark Side of the Moon.

That being said, I do think these could make an update, despite how most people will never even attempt to try them. I think they're just over-ambitious and complex to the point where playing them is only an idea. You do have an interesting musical mind, however, and an arranger like you who makes ridiculously hard but interesting virtuoso-version songs is absolutely essential to any site like this(but preferably stay with us ;) ).

You can submit them to the update thread, I'll talk to nintendude and see what he thinks.

raymondbl

when I first saw the "Lost Woods" from Legend of Zelda, my brain imploded  and I was like  >:( I am going to beat the heck out of that piece!  Then I went to all the other virtuosos and this is what my emotions were...

>:(  >:( 
          >:(              >:(
     >:(                     >:(
  >:(      >:(      >:(       >:(
>:(                               >:(
>:(                               >:(
  >:(          >:(             >:(
    >:(    >:(    >:(      >:(
       >:(                 >:(
             >:(      >:(

I AM GOING TO DIE! :(

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Nakah on April 19, 2010, 03:06:57 PMI think they're just over-ambitious and complex to the point where playing them is only an idea.

Which will only frustrate people and not make them want to use NSM.  He could easily make his arrangements more accessible and still sound nice, but he just tries to make them as obnoxiously full of whatever as possible.

me irl
[close]

MaestroUGC

Well, I do have some arrangements on site...just wait for me to say they are ready for the others. Oh, and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

And raymondbl...wha? Is that good or bad?

raymondbl

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 19, 2010, 04:38:19 PMAnd raymondbl...wha? Is that good or bad?

well, kind of both.  well, I have this thing in my head that tells me "don't give up until you have tried it."  so basically, whenever I see something, I have to play it completely right.  the problem is, I've seen almost all of your virtuosos, so I'm gonna have to learn all of them and play them perfectly or else I will shoot myself in the head.  :( so, thanks to you, I have several months of work.  but I'm going to play them perfect.  all of them.  the only problem is that it's not a technically perfect score, you have all those additives...

universe-X

Quote from: raymondbl on April 19, 2010, 05:17:18 PMso, thanks to you, I have several years of work.  but I'm going to play them horribly. all of them, yep!
...Fixed.

These songs are actually, really, not that hard under any circumstances. You just need at least... 6-10 years of piano under your belt to play these.

Kefka, stop overexaggerating. I came to this site because of the virtuoso songs ;)

And I know plenty of people, once again, that would love to play these songs. And some have succeeded too!