News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

So there's this guy at motk who is obviously ESL, but wants to help us do the translations for the English patch for Hopeless Masquerade.

I mean that's great and all, but they're all machine translations. :|

I just... I don't.... I don't know how to get him to understand without being a total prick.

what do

Read for context: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14754.msg1065198.html#msg1065198

MaestroUGC

This is why everything should be in either Latin, Greek, or Sumerian.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

MasterProX

Those were the most godawful translations I've ever read. Probably because those results came directly out of a translator...

mikey

unmotivated

FierceDeity

SuperFireKirby

I didn't realize just how far the gospel of the helix had spread.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 25, 2014, 02:33:26 PMI didn't realize just how far the gospel of the helix had spread.
But didn't you hear the message?

Spoiler
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

I can't believe people are this retarded. We had a translation homework to do, and the teacher assigned us teams (why the fuck do we have to translate a text in teams is beyond me) and I ended up being paired with complete retards. I sent them my work wayyyy before the translation was due, and they just decided they wouldn't use my part and give me 0 'cause they're fucking morons and they decided they don't like me. Also, from what they keep telling everyone, they suck hard in every single class and they fail pretty much all of their translation exams, and they even like to "brag" about it. It's nice to know that people who don't know what they're doing decided to work on their own and not use my translation, especially when I'm probably the only one who could've saved our paper.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

mikey

Quote from: Roz~ on February 25, 2014, 02:44:52 PMI can't believe people are this retarded. We had a translation homework to do, and the teacher assigned us teams (why the fuck do we have to translate a text in teams is beyond me) and I ended up being paired with complete retards. I sent them my work wayyyy before the translation was due, and they just decided they wouldn't use my part and give me 0 'cause they're fucking morons and they decided they don't like me. Also, from what they keep telling everyone, they suck hard in every single class and they fail pretty much all of their translation exams, and they even like to "brag" about it. It's nice to know that people who don't know what they're doing decided to work on their own and not use my translation, especially when I'm probably the only one who could've saved our paper.
I always hated when you got paired randomly.  I like to work by myself anyway :/
unmotivated

Roz~

Me too. At least let us choose our partners... So I don't have to work with complete retards.
The other problem is that, in translation, there aren't... perfect answers. Sure there are ways to translate certain words and expressions, but the way you want to write your sentences and the way you want to write the text is different for everyone. So every time we get to work in teams it's annoying, because everyone argues all the time, since "my idea is better than yours".
Also my teacher can't teach at all, she's one of the worst teacher I've ever had, and all my friends who are in this class agree with me. She doesn't teach well, she loses her students' papers... Once she lost all of her students' final exams. She ended up giving everyone A+. How is that even possible xD
At least this one paper is only worth 15% of my final grade, so hopefully I can still get a decent grade at the end of the year even if I don't have a good grade on this stupid group translation.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

BlackDragonSlayer

Speaking of school...

I really don't understand the logic behind many of the decisions my school makes. For the Geometry course, they had four weeks of lessons as normal, then (literally out of nowhere, as the course is being updated as they go along, unlike any of the other courses) WENT BACK a few chapters to go over materials that would have helped us during the first four weeks (and then they specifically instruct you to go back and do the previous lessons over again if you had trouble). That's very poorly-planned and extremely counterproductive.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Wolf

Today, I got to know who is my new classmates. But fucking crist! Like the only classmates in my class are assholes! To make things short, I basically fell into a trashcan full of shit. But there's a little gold at the middle of it. I'm surpised that i'm not even mad, because I wrote a prophecy and it was true. Heres what I wrote: i'm going to be in the 7th classroom with biff, steve, and bob. And there we go! So fuck my life.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

mikey

unmotivated

Kman96

I'm at school and I think my car's out of gas. I got out some money so I can get like $15 worth after school, but I hope I have just enough to swing by Blockbuster and make it to the gas station before I'm dry...

Oh well, I guess I'll find out at 6 after musical rehearsal...
Party Hard!
[close]