News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magalamoto18

Quote from: Dudeman on October 10, 2016, 02:50:58 PMWe've got a woman who put an entire country at risk by privatizing state secrets and not cooperating with investigators, and we've got a man who is a recorded and vehement racist and sexist who's really just in this for the money and power. Both people have a history of lying and changing stances based on circumstances. Both people will probably value themselves over the safety and security of their country. And both are running for the nation's highest office. Do you really not see the problem, Tobbeh?
She put us at risk indirectly; Trump straight up told the Russians to hack us over in the US- AND THEY DID!
So, who's the bigger criminal?

Tobbeh99

When did Trump tell the Russians to hack the US?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Magalamoto18

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 10, 2016, 03:05:12 PMWhen did Trump tell the Russians to hack the US?
I forget exactly when, but it was a few months ago, after something happened with the Clinton investigation.

Olimar12345

Tobbeh, your lack of knowledge in this topic both justifies your ignorance to the problems and puts me a bit more at ease lmao.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Magalamoto18 on October 10, 2016, 03:00:46 PMShe put us at risk indirectly; Trump straight up told the Russians to hack us over in the US- AND THEY DID!
So, who's the bigger criminal?

Uh, that was sarcasm? He definitely would not be legitimately asking the Russians to hack us. Last time I checked, sarcasm (even with bad timing) is not criminal. Sending loads of private emails and then destroying the evidence when investigations start? Yeah, that's a crime. So to answer your question, Hillary remains the bigger criminal. 

(For the record, here's the link to the tweet about asking Russia to hack us.)
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Magalamoto18

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on October 10, 2016, 03:50:40 PMUh, that was sarcasm? He definitely would not be legitimately asking the Russians to hack us. Last time I checked, sarcasm (even with bad timing) is not criminal. Sending loads of private emails and then destroying the evidence when investigations start? Yeah, that's a crime. So to answer your question, Hillary remains the bigger criminal. 

Yeah, I know he was being sarcastic at the time. The reason why I'm not laughing is because they actually went and hacked some American networks and stole information.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Magalamoto18 on October 10, 2016, 03:52:53 PMYeah, I know he was being sarcastic at the time. The reason why I'm not laughing is because they actually went and hacked some American networks and stole information.
Did they? Or did Hillary just say they did? I know Obama officially accused the Russians, but I'm still not certain if that accusation was justified. I guess I'll have to take their word for it for now, but I'm remaining skeptical about the whole thing.

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

EFitTrainr

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 10, 2016, 02:46:42 PMY the debate was kind of bad, I agree. But the candidates overall. I don't think they're that bad.

Actually, they're both shit, just like your opinion.
I like food.

EFitTrainr

yeah, that was a bit dickish, but the point still stands. Neither of them would be good for this country.

Like, Clinton's probably better than Trump (at the very least I'd rather her have the nuclear codes than Trump)

But they're both terrible people and the fact that THOSE are our options is depressing.

This whole election makes me tired  :-\
I like food.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on October 10, 2016, 04:02:51 PMDid they? Or did Hillary just say they did? I know Obama officially accused the Russians, but I'm still not certain if that accusation was justified. I guess I'll have to take their word for it for now, but I'm remaining skeptical about the whole thing.
DNC cyber security staff said the hacking started in St Petersburg.
That entire debate was just shit..
what is shitpost

EFitTrainr

The entire election is shit, buddy.
I like food.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

The least shitty for someone like me is Stein and even she has her flaws... I think this is the first time in... Ever that I agree with you
what is shitpost

EFitTrainr

It probably helps that I'm that the point that I'm so done with this shit that I'm not even up to shitposting.
I like food.

FireArrow

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on October 10, 2016, 03:50:40 PMUh, that was sarcasm? He definitely would not be legitimately asking the Russians to hack us. Last time I checked, sarcasm (even with bad timing) is not criminal. Sending loads of private emails and then destroying the evidence when investigations start? Yeah, that's a crime. So to answer your question, Hillary remains the bigger criminal. 

No one halfway intelligent is legitamently trying to paint him as a criminal for that (trust me there's a lot of other things he did if you wanted to go that route...)

Thing is someone who sarcastically tells forgein countries to hack us (along with is other "temperment" issues, such as threatening imprisonment on his opponent) should never be president. That's like knowingly hiring someone with anger issues into a customer service job - you just don't.

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on October 10, 2016, 05:52:19 PMThe least shitty for someone like me is Stein and even she has her flaws... I think this is the first time in... Ever that I agree with you

Steins wants to cut military spending by over 50% to promote peace. I'm all for peace and I'm all for cutting our military spending but that seems a bit excessive.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

TheMarioPianist

(I tried to answer as many people as I could in here; I got too lazy to try to quote stuff on my iPad. If I missed anything, ask again and I'll answer.)

Man, I must really be in the minority in my belief that yesterday was actually a somewhat decent debate. It was better than the first, at least imo. (I'm used to people disagreeing with what I believe, so go for it.) The fact that Donald was able to rattle a career politician who gives some of the most scripted answers you've ever heard was actually impressive. I mean come on, even that fly didn't phase her when it landed on her face mid-response. Many people have called Trump a bully in the past, and I can't exactly disagree with that. However, the material he used to rock Secretary Clinton last night was pure truth. The fact that she stuttered and asked the moderator to move on from the email questions was a pretty big hint that whatever is hidden in those deleted emails is pretty bad.

It is fair to say that a decent percentage of voters this year consider themselves anti-Trump or anti-Clinton, rather than actually supporting the other candidate. Although I will miss the chance to vote by a few months, I am proud to be a supporter of Donald Trump (as is the great majority of my family). I am not here to attempt to convince you to change your votes; rather, I am more curious to see why those that talk politics on this forum support the candidate that they do. By the same token, I am open to honestly answering any questions about my stances on issues. I leave you with one final thought: The purpose of the presidential election is to allow its citizens to choose who they believe is the best man or woman to lead and represent the United States. Voting is a responsibility, and it is imperative that the citizens of this country take the time to thoroughly research all options and to choose based on reason, not emotion. Whether we choose to Make America Great Again, or contend that America will remain great if we are Together with Her, let us hope that our choice moves the country forward.

Quote from: FireArrow on October 10, 2016, 08:33:07 PM(trust me there's a lot of other things he did if you wanted to go that route...)

I'd like to hear more about this...(not saying you're wrong, I'm just not sure exactly what you're referring to).

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player