News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

unmotivated

LeviR.star

I was watching a Kirby Evolultion video, and it asked a bunch of questions in the end. I answered every single one.

Spoiler
1. Kirby Super Star Ultra, with Kirby's Return to Dreamland being a close second.
2. Kirby's Dream Course, with Kirby: Canvas Curse having the least entertaining Game Over.
3. Worst Main Series Platformer: Kirby: Canvas Curse, with Kirby's Dream Land 3 being a close second, and Kirby Mass Attack being a close third. While Kirby's Toy Box is arguably the most interesting, due to the lack of knowledge about it, it wasn't that great of a series of games, which puts it in spot for me for the worst Kirby spin-off.
4. Buu-Robo from Kirby's Block Ball. I used him for my hand-drawn paper Kirby's Adventures comics as one of my characters, updating his design and giving him a split personality with many different abilities. An underrated character.
5. You're missing Kirby's Toy Box, Kirby's Super Star Stacker (Super Famicom remake), Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition (New Challenge Stages), Kirby Fighters Deluxe, Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe, and Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. I don't think Kirby Air Ride would be fitting. Other than that, you did great.
6. Being a hardcore Kirby fan, I have played every single game on this list excluding Kirby's Avalanche (I have yet to buy it on the Wii Shop Channel through Virtual Console) and Kirby & The Rainbow Curse (I don't own a Wii U). Technically, I have played Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble, but it was a ROM that didn't support the tilt controls, so I got nowhere. How did you play it?
7. If by "Power-Up" you mean "Copy Ability", mine would be Ice Bomb from Kirby: Squeak Squad, with Throw and Hammer being the runner-ups.
8. Many nearly-useless limited-use abilities could have taken this spot, but I've settled for Clean from Kirby's Dream Land 3. However, footage of the unreleased Kirby GCN suggested that it would have made a return, powered up.
9. Axe. Its main ability would be reminiscent of Hammer Mario's main ability from Super Mario Bros. 3 and its ports, but it would have other functions, too. Tossing it directly vertically, holding down B to charge it up and make it grow, and a standard downwards chop are some examples.
10. I sure hope there will be. I always wanted a standard Kirby platformer for the Wii U that would take advantage of the GamePad to store Copy Abilities and Items in the main Story Mode, like in Kirby: Squeak Squad, along with some sub-games like a powered-up version of Gourmet Race called Gourmet Race Returns, combining elements with the original and the New Challenge Stages from Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition. It would also include a full remake of Kirby's Dream Land in full color, taking no elements from Spring Breeze and sticking strictly to the classic elements. Of course, only the original moveset would be included, and Extra Mode and "Config" Mode would still be present, along with some new options for the configuration mode. One last possibility could be a Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble revival sub-game, in full 3-D and better color. I also wanted a "Kirby Spin-Offs Collection" remake of Kirby's Pinball Land, Kirby's Block Ball, and Kirby's Star Stacker, in full 3-D and better color, remixed music to fit the modern style, and possibly new challenges. This upcoming unnamed Kirby game has been noted as a "multiplayer action fighting game", which I hope will include not only Kirby, but other supporting characters to play as, including the supporting cast from Kirby's Return to Dreamland, various Kirby Super Star/Kirby Super Star Ultra helpers, and minor characters, like Gryll from Kirby's Super Star Stacker. If it is just another Kirby Fighters-esque game, I'm going to be very disappointed.

There. Now you see how much I like and know about the Kirby games. If you read all of this, "you da real mvp". ;)

[close]

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Yug_Guy

So this is a thing that's happening:
[close]

LeviR.star

It's been 21 years...

Maybe the developers can clear Bubsy's name and make him a hit.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Maelstrom

Publicised fake interview
Bubsy the Bobcat was a gaming legend in the 90s with titles on the Jaguar, SNES, PlayStation, Genesis and PC that skyrocketed to the middle of the charts. Suddenly, Bubsy was gone... he dropped out of sight, left the business and left no forwarding address. In 2015 Bubsy Two-Fur, a Bubsy homage, appeared on Steam with the help of the votes of over 60,000 fans (and a few against). Today, following the announcement of the all new Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back, we sat down with the elusive Bobcat and discussed his past, his disappearance and the new game.

Reporter: Bubsy, why after all these years are you coming back now?

Bubsy: I found a residual check for Bubsy Two-Fur in my PO Box. That's when I knew: Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

Reporter: So you were out the game business entirely before then. How did you live? What did you do to earn a living?

Bubsy: I realized that I couldn't get any lower after the unauthorized indie pixel games and deeveeart portraits. But then I got a call from a Q-List producer from Liechtenstein. Seems Liechtenstein is the 6th smallest country but also the richest! Plus, they LOOOOVE me there.

Reporter: So you made more games?

Bubsy: I made movies... Really bad movies. Like, Bubsy 3D... bad movies.

Reporter: Would we have heard of any of them?

Bubsy: I don't know....The Good, The Bad and the Bobcat, Bubsy and the Lost Ark, Bobcats of the Caribbean, and of course my favorite, The Sound of Bubsy, a musical starring me and Julie Anderson.

Reporter: These all sound weirdly familiar.

Bubsy: Of course they do! It's Liechtenstein. There are like 7 people, but tickets are REEALLY expensive.

Reporter: So why did you stop?

Bubsy: A lawyer finally moved into Liechtenstein and told the producer that he couldn't make "other peoples'" movies anymore.

Reporter: And then came Bubsy: The Woolies Strike back?

Bubsy: Well, I moved back to LA – but they had already rented out the apartment I had 20 years ago, those monsters. I was pretty down on my luck and considered auditioning as Crash Bandicoot(TM)'s stunt double.

Reporter: No!

Bubsy: Yeeeesssss! But then I got THE call.

Reporter: From Accolade?

Bubsy: I don't know, my agent got the call. Anyway, I read the script.

Reporter: And you loved it!

Bubsy: It stars ME! I have all the dialog, what's NOT to love! AND, they were going to pay me! Also, I thought the modern retelling of the story of man as told by a Bobcat, was pretty cool too.

Reporter: ...it's a platforming game right?

Bubsy: Running, Jumping, Gliding...they're all metaphors for life. Just ask Mario.

Reporter: Do you know Mario?

Bubsy: No, what's your point?

Reporter: Do you think the new game, Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back will propel you back to the top? Errr the middle?

Bubsy: I'm counting on it!

Reporter: Well, What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
[close]

Yug_Guy

I'll admit, I do like Bubsy in a very ironic way, but this game honestly looks average at best (which I guess would technically make it the best game in the franchise). Maybe I'll get it if it far exceeds everyone's expectations. Maybe.

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

I heard about that!

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 07, 2017, 09:12:11 PMWii u :c

Tournament is daily from 3 pm to 1 am, my time I think
...well crepe. Ughhh I hafta deal with getting used to the GamePad controls againnnnnn
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

InsigTurtle

Welp. I wanted to listen to the "Creative Exercise" music from Mario Paint, so I searched it up on Youtube. I hate using the 30 minute extensions, so I clicked the second link, and my ears were greeted with "♪Who's been drawing, been drawing dicks? Who's drawing dicks? Who's drawing dicks?♫"

And then I resigned myself to my fate.

WaluigiTime64

I've been busy the whole week, but finally I can do pointless stuff again. Yay.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

cashwarrior1

Dudeman

Quote from: InsigTurtle on June 09, 2017, 01:10:48 AMWelp. I wanted to listen to the "Creative Exercise" music from Mario Paint, so I searched it up on Youtube. I hate using the 30 minute extensions, so I clicked the second link, and my ears were greeted with "♪Who's been drawing, been drawing dicks? Who's drawing dicks? Who's drawing dicks?♫"

And then I resigned myself to my fate.
I live for these moments.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Today I got my mission papers sent forward.  They're going to be reviewed by some dudes and I'll get a letter in the mail with my mission location.

So here's the important part: bets on where I'm going!  I've learned a semester of French and that's a factor in where I'll be sent, and I can't get sent to North Korea or I think Russia at the moment, as well as a few other countries.  So we all bet on where I'm gonna go and it's a bunch a fun
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dudeman

French proficiency, eh?

Canada. No question.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book