News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

Starts in C-minor (pedal basstone G, but C is the tonal center), mostly dorian-based, and starts being major right before that part that loops forever. After that it's kinda C-major (mixolydian) all the way, just with some funny harmony here and there.
Birdo for Smash

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I was wondering which blasted mode that was.
Many thanks. I'll probably just keep the key sig as C minor for now, may mess with it before I submit it though.
what is shitpost

Altissimo

Time signature?? Part of me wants to say 5/4 but that doesn't always seem to work.

Sebastian

It sounds like 6/4 at the beginning and might change to 4/4 then later on

InsigTurtle

I get 3 measures of 6/4 then one measure of 5/4, then another 3 measures of 6/4 and another measure of 5/4. You could write the rest as 4/4, there's just quite a bit of syncopation.

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Altissimo

Somehow I missed that there was a sheet for it. Thanks!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Nearly impossible to tell since there's barely anything going on.

I'm probably gonna do a bunch of the stuff from Fallout. That is, the unfortunately small selection of music they composed (though I still like it a lot) before putting in all the (awesome) old timey jazz.
what is shitpost

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Cool, thanks.
With the little B flat octave riff at the beginning (though if I'm notating it in F#, I suppose it'd be A#), I'm assuming that'd be a pick up measure?
what is shitpost

Jompa

Yep, and it seems it starts about a dotted quarter before the first measure
Birdo for Smash

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

TheMarioPianist

Hey guys! So this one's a little tricky in terms of key signature, especially due to the fact that it is extremely short in nature. Since it doesn't really stay in one key for even a whole measure, I'm just trying to decide which one would make it the prettiest. Because as of right now in C major, there are accidentals all over the place. What key signature should I use?

Ok, now for a few rapid fire questions on time signature.

Firstly, should I go 4/4 or 2/4?

If 4/4: 3 measures at about 120bpm or 6 measures at 240bpm?
If 2/4: 6 measures at about 120bpm or 12 measures at 240bpm?

I'm thinking that somewhere around 120 would be more accurate for tempo, but that will lead to a lot of 16th notes (semiquavers).
(I know this is supposed to be about key/time signature and not tempo, but its kinda related, so I threw it in here.)
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

I know I'm outrageously over thinking this.....but what is the Time Sig?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnlpjqXHQnI

Magic Mole

^Sounds like 3/4 to me, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
While I'm here, is this in D major?