The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro Indigo

Dudeman is the God of Global Moderator Nintendo Nocturne?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

WaluigiTime64

To make this sound infinitely cheesier, I'm going to write in on a whim.

Well, I've been on NinSheetMusic for a whole year now. That's a lie. I've been following the main site for many years, but now I've been on the Forums for a whole year. I may not have been an active member for the entirety of that (my Personal Arrangement Thread didn't get posted until March 17), but I've been registered for that long. If you're not new, then I feel like you've probably read this kind of message a thousand times, which is why I'm trying to make it even more generic and cheesy.

About the Music:
I visited NinSheetMusic Forums last year, because I wanted to know more about how these amazing sheets got on to the site every now and then. (Originally I just clicked the link on the main page accidentally, and it sent me to some random update, but that doesn't matter too much.) I didn't actually play too many of the sheets (just listening to MIDIs and looking at the PDFs), so I felt like contributing might be a better idea for me. (The real reason why I made an account was because I didn't know people could request stuff until then, but that doesn't matter too much either.) Eventually I created a Personal Arrangement Thread, in the hopes of filling it up to the (non-existent) brim. (Did I do it right? That's up to other people to decide I guess.) Later I also posted my compositions thread, and now I'm sort of able to use reverb effects in mixing, which is something I wouldn't even be able to identify when I first created the thread.

About the Community:
You guys are great, really. A whole variety of unique and interesting people. I remember when I first entered the forums, and it seemed that everyone was rather accepting of newcomers. No reason not to, I guess. When it comes to closer people, Sebastian was the first person to PM me, out of similar interest, and eventually led to me getting closer to a few others (with one outlier to this, who connected for another reason). Only rarely does anything major happen behind the scenes (e.g. the project).

The Following Years:
I'll be around for a while, probably forever. I have no reason to leave, even if I eventually can't get myself to arrange (or run out of songs). This stupidly long post thing won't happen again until either 2000 posts, or 4 years from now, and they will be shorter, so don't worry. Logically speaking, I'll probably be doing what I am right now for the next few years, because I really don't have anything better to do. I may or may not improve, may or may not get Finale, may or may not get better audio mixing software, may or may not die, etc. Life is fairly unpredictable, which is a blessing and a curse. When it comes to the near future though, I am releasing something (that could possibly be considered) cool on December 1, but I won't say what it is until then.

Wah.
pls r8 % of cheez 1-10
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Sebastian

Maelstrom

E. Gadd Industries

It's been a fun year, Wah! And I can see many more in the future ;)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

I don't think we ever talked one on one and got super close, but hmu if you want to chat anytime, you're a chill guy

Also I think SSBM turned 15 today, but this is off the top of my head so I don't want to say for sure
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: braixen1264 on November 21, 2016, 07:55:55 AMAlso I think SSBM turned 15 today, but this is off the top of my head so I don't want to say for sure
I looked it up, and you're correct.
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: shadowkirby on November 21, 2016, 03:22:20 AMgr8 m8, i r8 8/8
Success.

Quote from: Sebastian on November 21, 2016, 06:33:49 AMGlad to have you around!
Glad to have you around too!

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 21, 2016, 06:38:23 AM[WAHS INTERNALLY]
[WAHS EXTERNALLY]

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on November 21, 2016, 06:42:14 AMIt's been a fun year, Wah! And I can see many more in the future ;)
I dunno, 2016 was kinda crap really Yeah, it was pretty fun! And we will see many more unless uh... something happens.

Quote from: braixen1264 on November 21, 2016, 07:55:55 AMI don't think we ever talked one on one and got super close, but hmu if you want to chat anytime, you're a chill guy.
I might, if I'm not feeling lazy.

Quote from: braixen1264 on November 21, 2016, 07:55:55 AMAlso I think SSBM turned 15 today, but this is off the top of my head so I don't want to say for sure
Quote from: Nitro Indigo on November 21, 2016, 08:13:53 AMI looked it up, and you're correct.
Happy 15th SSBM!
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Nitro Indigo

Finally! I've waited my entire existence (a few months, actually) for this moment!

WaluigiTime64

Nitro Indigo

A lot of teasers are really vague. The teaser for Cars 1 consisted of loads of bees dying, then some racing footage that wouldn't look out of place on the PS1. Seriously, look it up.

Sebastian

It reminds of the wreck that put Doc out of the races back in the first movie.

MaestroUGC

If I had to hazard a guess, Cars 3 would probably be about the Red Car coming to grips with the fact that he's not able to race anymore and instead will have him transition into a mentor role for some young upstart.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

braix

The teacher(to the class): Show me your friends and I'll show you your future
Me: WHAT FRIENDS LOL
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.