News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Blender 3d modeling

Started by chipmunk884, August 25, 2008, 11:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipmunk884

i haven't posted anything in a long time, so i decided to post my latest work in blender.  for those of you who remember, a few months back, i posted some of my early work in blender, the 3d modeling program, and people said that they weren't that good.  well, i've been learning a lot more and have made a model that i think is very good, even though it isn't textured yet.  please post what rating you would give it (1-10, 1=terrible, 10=best).  I hope you like it.  btw, it is a queen piece from chess.

KefkaticFanatic

Well considering you could make an outline of one side and just rotate it 360 degrees that is a very easy thing to do :P  Nice though.

me irl
[close]

chipmunk884

actually, i have no idea how to do any sort of lathe modeling in blender, and that's why i modeled it using the box modeling way along with subsurf (box modeling means that you start of with a simple shape and extrude and move around faces).  I know that it isn't very impressive, but it is by far my best model yet.  and btw, gamer4250, your avatar is very creepy...

HungryDragon

I would post some of my blender work if my renders were actually fast and not take 2 days XD of course this is what happens when your processor is sitting about 900MHz
Credit to Strecno for the avatar! | MY SUBMISSION THREAD

masterofmon

Mike