The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

I mean it depends entirely on the area, too. In the south they shut down a lot of schools, but they're literally not prepared for snow at all so it makes sense. In colder areas, it takes more than some flurries and a few inches to do anything. The only reason my campus shut down was due to a power outage.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Roz~

Yeah definitely. It's totally normal that people in the south freak out more when it snows if they're not used to it. I was mostly complaining 'cause I almost never got any snow days ever D:
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

FierceDeity

Schools only ever shut down in California for fires/unbreathable air XD
...which actually happened a lot more than you would think

Nebbles

Yeah, snow days become rare in college. I was surprised we got one. Of course, everything's back in swing tomorrow.

FierceDeity

They didn't give my school one (it really wasn't snowing that much in NYC), but one of my professors cancelled class like 5 minutes beforehand, which is good, because I was already late, walking to print my extremely half-assed assignment that I'd just finished, when I ran into somebody coming back from my class with the good news.

FireArrow

Quote from: FierceDeity on February 03, 2014, 07:06:34 PMSchools only ever shut down in California for fires/unbreathable air XD

I got 3 snow days a row a handful of years ago. When 1 inch of snow hits an area that never gets any, it hits surprisingly hard.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

KefkaticFanatic

Seattle, which rarely ever gets more than half an inch in a year, somehow got a huge snowstorm my freshman year of school.  'Huge' being like 4 inches or something.  Being somewhere not prepared for snow, the city was basically shut down for 3 days, and we got Monday-Thursday off of school.  Of course, everyone out of state/international thought this was some sort of regular occurrence and has been disappointed these past 2 years since :P

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

What a fascinating story Bin. In more interesting news, I had the hiccups for a few minutes today.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on February 03, 2014, 06:58:20 PMYeah definitely. It's totally normal that people in the south freak out more when it snows if they're not used to it. I was mostly complaining 'cause I almost never got any snow days ever D:
It's like when everyone freaked out with the earthquake in New York.

Quote from: FierceDeity on February 03, 2014, 07:06:34 PMSchools only ever shut down in California for fires/unbreathable air XD
Those 3 days off I had when I was a sophomore were pretty nice.

To take away from the regular "Weather discussion on TPYTOFMT 2" programming:

There's a reason why it's called Man Jose

Ladies, come get me!

KefkaticFanatic

Come on now slow, you could at least pretend to be nice ::)

(and notice the recent topic of posts)

on the topic of being off topic from the latest topic I'm less than 30 pieces away from finishing all the streetpass puzzles... at least this will save me the few minutes I spend every so often checking it :P

me irl
[close]

Roz~

I rarely streetpass anyone and it makes me sad 'cause I have a lot of puzzles to complete still
Also learned this afternoon that I had an assignment due today. Managed to finish it on time without botching it. 8)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Nebbles

I streetpass the same people every day pffft. I was sad the charger adapter never worked when I went to England... all those foreign streetpasses I missed. I'm still upset.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Roz~ on February 03, 2014, 06:58:20 PMI was mostly complaining 'cause I almost never got any snow days ever D:
Here in Mid-Canada we got a record snowfall. We hit the record in October I think too. This winter's great!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Nebbles on February 03, 2014, 09:40:00 PMI streetpass the same people every day pffft. I was sad the charger adapter never worked when I went to England... all those foreign streetpasses I missed. I'm still upset.

If you visit DC or NYC be sure to bring your 3DS, you get a bunch of international tourist passes o:

Tho I get a ton of Japan ones from kids at and visiting my school, guess it just depends on the population :P

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

I hope I can go to NYC this summer at least... mostly because I'd love to go Nintendo World.