The Kirby's Epic Yarn Unofficial Arrangement Project!

Started by Nebbles, January 21, 2016, 08:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on February 04, 2016, 06:51:39 AMNice! Some spelling error I noticed: 90% of the time where you have used a C# and a F#, there should be a Db or Gb instead. For example measure 13, the chords are quartal chords, and should be spelled as 4ths. Also keep in mind the scale, phrygian/locrian, with C-Db-Eb-F-(Gb)-G-Ab-Bb, with that said I makes more sense to use Db and Gb.

The only times where you should keep the sharps you used are the measures: the chromatic run m. 29 (use sharps and naturals here if possible, and keep the quartal voicing), the solo m.33-35 (I think F# is better here).

Also measure 33 needs a bit fixing, the tie from Bb goes to A. I think it's better to show the triplet with a bracket, I assume it's the two 8ths and the two 16ths that are in the triplet.

And measure 32 should have a sextuplet rather than 2 triplets.

emm Zeila did you fix this??
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zeila

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on February 07, 2016, 11:17:16 AMemm Zeila did you fix this??
I just now got around to fixing it, sorry about that! (and thanks for the advice!)

Here are the links again:
MIDI | MUS | MUSX | PDF

edit: fixed m17

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Altissimo

just wanted to say i haven't forgotten about this but i'm also kinda busy and so i haven't had a lot of time to work on it!! my time should increase either really soon or in March lmao

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Altissimo on February 09, 2016, 07:23:35 PMjust wanted to say i haven't forgotten about this but i'm also kinda busy and so i haven't had a lot of time to work on it!! my time should increase either really soon or in March lmao
Same here. Once I finish with this project, I should have a bit more time to work on it. (also, fountain gardens is a really long song. it should keep me busy for a while)

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on January 22, 2016, 10:03:29 AMAnd I'll fix/replace Flower Fields depending on how bad it is when I check more in detail.

It is bad. Here's a better one.

[Wii] Kirby's Epic Yarn

"Flower Fields": NEW!
[MUS] [Original]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

So, I think it was a bad idea trying to get back to arranging Fountain Gardens after a 2-week hiatus. Now I'm fretting over stuff going on in school, and I don't think I have the time or drive to do a long, orchestral arrangement such as this one. I'm revoking Fountain Gardens (and Tankbot too, while I'm at it).

Nebbles

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Nebbles on February 24, 2016, 03:55:56 PMAw, I hope school goes well!
Thanks! Also, I do have a bit done if anyone wants to start from where I left off.

E. Gadd Industries

STATUS UPDATE!!!
Tomorrow and the next day are finals. Then, after that is the 30 Hour Famine, so chances are, Gourmet Race won't be seen until Monday or Tuesday. I'm almost finished; I have to add articulations & fix the LH (I screwed up about a third-quarter of it).
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Nebbles

Olimar12345

You can put the outer rings back up for grabs. I have zero motivation to finish it, and it's looking like that isn't changing anytime soon.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

Firs day in the trimester & im swamped with hw. :/  Well, Ima try to finish up Gourmet Race tonight.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]