News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The LEGO Thread

Started by ThatGamer, January 04, 2015, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

DISCLAIMER: Possible Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens spoilers!

Part 1

Part 2

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ThatGamer

Sweet, people are actually talking in a thread i made. Life completed.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

well if you like how it is now you're doin just fine
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Well, we're not going to get any of the 2015 Bionicle pieces, or, like, a bunch of other stuff! :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

It's a shame to see it go. I personally didn't use it much (maybe once when I was, like, 7) but I know it's been a major tool for a lot of the AFoL community. Has Lego explicitly stated why it's being discontinued?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

I don't think so, but people are speculating that they did because it wasn't providing profits after Design byME ended (and was kind-of replaced by Cuusoo/Ideas). Or, on a more hopeful note, some people are wondering if they're going to release a new, better program (possibly connected to LEGO Worlds in some way?).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Double-post because toy fair season!

Angry Birds | Not going to say much, but this seems like TMNT version 2: some cool designs, but some really weird or bad concepts mixed in. 75825 is probably the best set IMO because we haven't really gotten a weird cartoony pirate ship that looks like that before (3817 doesn't count because it was so small). I can't be mad about the hot dog bun, though!

Architecture | Not too bad, but I can't help but feel that the U.S. Capitol Building is a bit weird because it seems like most pictures of it don't show the roof, and even then, the roof is a bit too tall and a bit too dark (as in, you shouldn't be able to see very much of it when looking at it from straight in front).

BIONICLE | FSJSJSJSJD. WHERE DO I BEGIN.? Toa-sized Ekimu is radical (is that a red Umarak mask? Please let it be so); with printing, everything looks so much better, especially the completely trans-blue Mask of Creation (and Ekimu makes the torso armor work, I think). Lava Beast is probably the weakest of the beasts (maybe it's just the angle?), though that color scheme is a solid A+. Storm Beast is pretty good and, IMO, has the best proportions of the three. Quake Beast is my personal favorite of the three because I think the asymmetry works well with it, and... purple. And then... H-H-H-HOLY UMARAK! I have no words to describe that. Is that a mutated Mask of Control (possibly, ahem, controlling him?)? Interesting to note the masks included with the three beasts- seems like we're getting a repeat of the whole "mask draining" thing. Also, it seems that they have non-gearbox gear functions like the Creatures. I'm guessing that Umarak is going to have a feature like Skull Basher (just look at the similar build toward the back), as well as something having to do with the hands.

City | The highlight of this wave is that it actually comes with a brick-built volcano. I'm very interested to see what's going on inside there... Drilling stuff looks fine, and the dark blue crystals are pretty tempting (though, personally, as someone who isn't much a fan of the way most of the City helicopters are built, I feel that 60124 and 60122 are the best of the wave). 60132 is all right, although it could look a little more like a gas station (with only 1-2 pumps, that has got to be one of the worst gas stations ever :P). 60134 deserves a special mention, because of all those wonderful minifigures (and HOT DOG BUN), especially the guy in the wheelchair and the baby (I know everybody is already talking about these, but for good reason!). Other than those two, the fence painter, lawn mower (if you count the lawn mower itself as an accessory), chef (?), and bearded guy are pretty neat. Airport stuff is pretty iffy, but 60103 really hits it out of the park.

Creator | By the time I got to this, I had officially decided that 2016 is going to be a good year in LEGO. Let's see what we've got! Moose and Cabin, Whale, Birds, and Fishies + Lighthouse, Treehouse with Birds and Stuff, and RV + Bear (insert The Revenant joke here). Seriously, minifigure-scale Creator is really awesome.

DC Super Heroes | "NOT Suicide Squad" set is meh, aside from the minifigures. Scarecrow set is decent, and the Killer Croc set comes with a cool Batman vehicle (by this point, I think we're getting Batman'd out), but looks a little goofy overall (Killer Croc's vehicle is a set of flimsy-looking chompers on wheels. Huh). But... is that a pair of NEW boomerangs!?

DUPLO | Not much to say, but 10825 is pretty funny, I have to admit (and apparently more Disney stuff as well? How long has this been going on for). :P

Disney Princess | Also not much to say, except "NO!" WHY are we not getting Beast as a minifigure? WHY. This would be a really cool set if it were done in a more "normal" LEGO style, but that minidoll Beast just hurts my heart... :P

Elves | Dragons make everything better.

Friends | Not going to say anything about most of the sets, but the basketball hoop in 41127 reminds me of something I made for... nevermind... :) It has nice printing/stickers also. 41129 also confirms that LEGO 2016 is the year of the hot dog (and apparently that hot dog suit piece is getting used again). I can't help but laugh at the "roller coaster" in 41130; IMO, it should have been branded as more of a "monorail" type thing.

Juniors | Also not much to say, but 10724 is pretty nice for a Juniors set (yes, I'm talking about the Lex Luthor mech).

Marvel Super Heroes | 76057 isn't as good as I imagined, but still has a SOLID minifigure lineup. I think the bridge is a bit too messy; also, perhaps my expectations were a little too high because I was expecting more of a bridge, rather than just a half-ish portion. 76058 is nice, except... why Spiderman? I like the Doc Ock mech in 76059- really sturdy-looking.

Minecraft | Minecraft started out a fairly nice theme, but it's becoming more of a definite niche thing as they start to run out of ideas (but really, they still have quite a lot they could still do, IMO). 21123, 21125, and 21126 are nice (I like the third one particularly because I already have 21122), but 21124 and 21127 are a bit on the... out there side. Getting different printed pieces from Minecraft are always cool, though.

Nexo Knights | Slightly more "hit" than "miss." 70320 (love that shape!) and 70323 (is that a fiery Sarlacc pit?) are great, and 70322 and 70321 are fair (great minifigures in both, though; I'm interested to see what the conversion feature of 70321 is. 70319 and 70318 are more on the "meh" side, though, because 70319 is too packed with weapons for its small size (otherwise, though, the vehicle is pretty nice), and 70318 is a nice small set but not much more. Ultimate Axl is solidly terrible (so much yellow doesn't look good, plus completely mediocre accessories), Ultimate Flama is all right (good weapons, but questionable backpack-thing), Ultimate General Magmar is pretty good (though not the Pokemon), and Ultimate Lance is decent.

Ninjago | 70588 is pretty good, though I don't know why the Nindroids don't have their hoods. The vehicle is a bit compact, and not for everyone, but still good. The vehicle of 70589 is pretty bad-looking, but the figures are nice, especially the Stone Warriors (and that shield... mmmmm). 70591 is spectacular for the size (so many figures, plus a nice ninja-looking prison. 70592 is good, if a bit Bioshock-esque; might get it because I'm still not sure if I'd be willing to get 70735 just for the awesomesauce Ronin (you are missing the hat, I assume, though it looks like there's one attached to the mech anyway, along with stuff like... a skateboard!?). 70593 is amazing- great dragon, and excellent mix between good guy stuff and bad guy stuff- who would have thought we'd get such a nice catapult in a non-Castle theme? 70594 is a really nice building also, just showing how Ninjago is great for both vehicles AND buildings, with a nice figure selection. Finally, 70595, which, IMO, isn't as cool-looking as the original Ultra Sonic Raider, but still good in its own right (though I do like the tiles representing where each ninja should go- I think they have Jay and Zane switched! Also, the whole middle pod looks flipped around). At least it can hold all four ninja this time, right? But... is that a weaponized dinosaur carrying a throne back there? :o

TECHNIC | 42055 BUCKET WHEEL EXCAVATOR. That is all you need right there. Looks like an amazing Technic set; probably one of the best due to its sheer size and pure awesomeness. Seriously, just watch that video and be converted (also, another video for you). Any questions? WHY DO YOU NOT LIKE HOW AWESOME THIS IS!? That Supercar is pretty neat; I like how they did the temporary car camo instead of just revealing the finished thing. :P Still looks nice on its own, regardless of color, though... however, I could think of a few colors it would NOT look good in.

Well, that's about it. Boy, that was a lot of writing. Heh...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Wheelchair lego minifig is boss I want.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!