News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dudeman

Very nice job, DonWario! I do have a couple of suggestions:

- The right hand needs more staccatos in measures 1, 2, 3, 5, and 13. It doesn't sound bouncy enough when compared to the original.
- You might want to double-check the left hand in measures 9 and 10, and the first two octaves in measure 18. They don't sound quite right.

Other than that, excellent work!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

DonValentino

^Yes, yes, I'll take a look at that someday.

Good news everyone! I have (some) free time (for today)! At least is awesome news for me...

I apologize too Slow because I had the Pokemon Ranger arrangement finished for a long time but didn't put it here earlier. But hey, if you don't have time, you don't have time!
Anyways, today I feel generous and I added a special Coda just for you. Hope you like the entire arrangement though!

Well, enough talk:

Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia - "Ranger School (Outside)" MUS
  I know the original has a lot of voices, but I tried to do it as complete as possible for a piano arrangement.

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - "Picori Festival" (Duet) MUS
  I wanted to see this song arranged correctly for ages!! So I ended up doing it. And yes, it's an actual duet, not that two piano thingy...

I have some more in the oven, but they'll have to wait a little more.
That's enough for now...

Feedback (if any) always welcome.

SlowPokemon

(I did miss this, idk how)

The Ranger one is near-flawless. I can't find anything wrong with it, and it's perfectly accurate. Excellent job, and I like what you did with the ending. I mean, measure 38 is near impossible but still
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 24, 2013, 11:57:49 AM(I did miss this, idk how)

The Ranger one is near-flawless. I can't find anything wrong with it, and it's perfectly accurate. Excellent job, and I like what you did with the ending. I mean, measure 38 is near impossible but still

Don't worry. :)
Thanks a lot! Lately I like to make up endings to practice harmony and chord stuff. And well, to try to be more creative too, because I realized that when I'm arranging a song I'm not really putting anything mine. So yeah. :D
I'm also doing some piano duets. They're very fun to arrange!

Yeah, sorry about measure 38, but I really wanted the ending to sound as epic as possible.

If you have any other good request, feel free to tell me.

Quote from: Jompa on May 24, 2013, 12:24:13 PMWeird, I missed it too.. :o

Ha, don't worry, it's ok. ;)

FireArrow

Woah, that was awesome! Why is the base clef have a cross through it in some measures though? (For the pokemon ranger one.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

DonValentino

Quote from: FireArrow on May 24, 2013, 12:55:29 PMWoah, that was awesome! Why is the base clef have a cross through it in some measures though? (For the pokemon ranger one.)

Nah, they're not crossed, there are hidden "f"s. ;D
It won't affect the document if you print it, btw.

You see, there are two separate tracks for staff 1 and 2, so I have to put both in staff 1 and 2 the "f" to make them sound with the correct volume proportion.

But good eye! I thought that if I hid them with the clef nobody would notice.  :o

And thanks!

FireArrow

Oh, that's a good trick! I always run into volume problems when I'm arranging thus forcing unnecessary articulation.

DonValentino

Yeah! As a matter of fact, I'm working on "Snow Land" from Mario Kart Super Circuit and had some trouble with volume proportion with the second part of the song.
It's a very common problem, and frustrating, because as you say, it forces you to put unnecessary articulations.

But thankfully if you have 2 different sound channels for each staff you don't have that problem.

DonValentino

Alright people, little addition.

[GC] The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - Navi Trackers - "The Terrace of the Two People" MUS

I really hope Nintendo includes Navi Trackers in Wind Waker HD somehow. Looks pretty awesome.

DonValentino

[GBA] Mario Kart: Super Circuit - "Snow Land" (Duet) MUS

[GBA] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - "Teehee Valley" (Duet) MUS

SlowPokemon

I love Superstar Saga--I'll check this out as soon as I'm home on Thursday!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FireArrow

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 18, 2013, 06:39:28 AMI love Superstar Saga--I'll check this out as soon as I'm home on Thursday!

Who doesn't? It's my favorite M&L yet (let's wait for Dream Team). :D
Hope you like them!

Quote from: FireArrow on June 18, 2013, 12:16:05 PMWow - very nice! They almost look playable as a solo.

Thank you!