News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Help Figuring Out Instrumentation

Started by MasterProX, January 09, 2013, 11:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterProX

I'm afraid to ask this question... what are tams?

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MasterProX

Alright, so I think I finished the first page. (I apologize for the images being sideways and that the picture quality isn't the greatest... just... deal with it, I guess.)

Discuss.

Waddle Bro

MasterProX

I work on most of it at school, and I'd rather not bring my laptop and risk damaging it.

Olimar12345

Sometimes by hand can be faster.

Couple of things:
- you don't have to put the key and time sig at the top of the score, those things are already written elsewhere 
- it's not uncommon to combine staves for the non-pitched percussion. A common example would be to put the bass drum and the crash cymbal on the same satve. It could save you some room, too.
- not sure if you haven't finished it or not, but when the flutes enter they're playing in 6ths. The second flute is playing the same rhythm but the notes are "C#-B-C#-A"

Other than that, it looks great!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MasterProX

Awesome. :D

- I know, I put the keys and time there so my friend (who entered the notes into an app on his iPad) knew what to change his settings to (he... doesn't know much about music).
- Hm, I was thinking about that earlier...
- Ah, I see. I was working on it today and wondered "Damn, what instrument was next..." So it's the flute, apparently.

Also, when the trumpets and horns play the long crescendo note (0:17?), what notes (other than the high F#) are played?

Olimar12345

The trumpets play F#5, then the horns join them a measure later with  F#4 and a D4.