The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I'm still unsure of whether I want to cut my dad out of my life or not. I'm leaning mostly towards yes, but it's still a lot things to think about...

mikey

unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 29, 2016, 09:37:52 AMFuck so fucking pissed!
Went to a smash tourney and lost... like usual.
Why the fuck is everyone so fucking good at the game!!?? Can't everybody just suck so I can win some fucking tourneys!? Fucking sucks, piece of shit game and people!

Late to the party, but y u mad brah? I frequent melee tourneys in my area a lot - I tend to do decently in locals and get rekt in everything bigger. Being a part of the smash community is still one of the greatest decisions I've ever made, win or lose.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Nebbles

Shadoninja

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 29, 2016, 09:37:52 AMFuck so fucking pissed!
Went to a smash tourney and lost... like usual.
Why the fuck is everyone so fucking good at the game!!?? Can't everybody just suck so I can win some fucking tourneys!? Fucking sucks, piece of shit game and people!
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Altissimo

i got a warning for parking under my dad's office when i went to go see the opera. i've parked under there for a year without incident bc my dad says it's ok but i guess not. this is a lil annoying

Pianist Da Sootopolis

That's weird. But if it's only a warning I suppose it isn't too bad(?).
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

Just thought of doing a quicky arrangement before going to bed so I thought of doing Journey to Chaos from Castlevania II: Belmont's revenge. And y.. annoying song, those 8-bit canon-echo-thing songs are really annoying and troublesome. You know the songs which have a melody and then and dotted 8th in the same melody comes in like a canon or echo or something. Really tough making a good arrangement, since you have to make it so it fits nice with both hands, and so the hands doesn't collide. This arrangement will take some more time it seems...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9ki5JhOvew
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Pianist Da Sootopolis

"Relevant Knowledge" spyware is now on my computer.
Well great. Running antivirus software to absolutely kill it. In the meantime, I've found out it's essentially a program that tracks every single application and keystroke you send through your computer, and sends this information back to an unidentifiable server.. Lovely.
Well, I'm glad I have antivirus.
what is shitpost

mikey

unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

^ Tried it, didn't work. But the antivirus did, and I got it off my computer hopefully before it did too much damage.

Other rant:
Alright friendly friends, let's talk about Satanism.
"WHAT?!" I hear you incredulous guys and gals saying.
But that's the issue; Satanism is immediately thought of as inherently horrible or immoral. And while it's true that Satanism refers to all religions based around the character of Satan, few people who self describe as Satanists are actually theistic.
Most satanists that you'll meet are probably LaVeyan satanists.
Wikipedia has:
"LaVeyan Satanism is a religious philosophy founded in 1966 by Anton LaVey, codified in The Satanic Bible and overseen by the Church of Satan. Its core philosophy is based concepts of individualism, egoism, epicureanism, self-deification and self-preservation (. . . )."
Furthermore, from Wiki:
"Contrary to popular belief, LaVeyan Satanism does not involve "devil worship" or worship of any deities. It is an atheistic philosophy that asserts the individual as his or her own god. Adherents instead see the character of Satan as an archetype of pride, carnality, liberty, enlightenment, undefiled wisdom, and of a cosmos which Satanists perceive to be motivated by a 'dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things'."
So please, when you label anyone who self defines as a Satanist, ask them if they actually work the Devil or if they are just LaVeyan Satanists. There's a huge difference between the two.
It's also worth noting that the word "satan" is simply a Latin word for "foe". Meaning, it's not inherently religious.
Alright I'm out
what is shitpost

mikey

unmotivated