News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[NDS] Pokémon HeartGold Version & Pokémon SoulSilver Version - "Route 29" by Olimar12345

Started by Zeta, April 13, 2024, 12:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon HeartGold Version & Pokémon SoulSilver Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Route 29
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Olimar12345

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

cashwarrior1

based route theme

two little things i noticed

• m2/20 LH b4 is an Fn (instead of G). I also hear that note repeated on b4.5
  • m14-15 the RH triplets outline the chords a little, so b1.67 would be F, b2.67 A, (m15)b1.67 E, b2.67 A(?). It'd also be easier to play than repeating the same note

Also thoughts on including the inner harmonies for m4? (that's my favorite part)

Olimar12345

Thank you so much for taking the time to check out my little arrangement! :>

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 13, 2024, 02:01:22 PMm2/20 LH b4 is an Fn (instead of G). I also hear that note repeated on b4.5[/li][/list]
Thanks, yep I'll change that over. I'd rather leave that last eighth off though and just leave it for the tremolo.

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 13, 2024, 02:01:22 PMm14-15 the RH triplets outline the chords a little, so b1.67 would be F, b2.67 A, (m15)b1.67 E, b2.67 A(?). It'd also be easier to play than repeating the same note

Good catch! I had to adjust the last one a touch and it's admittedly a tad more awkward, but should be fine. This is great, it will be so much easier to play this way! Thank you.
never have I seen decimals depict triplet values... huh. Took me a sec even though I knew what you were trying to say XD

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 13, 2024, 02:01:22 PMAlso thoughts on including the inner harmonies for m4? (that's my favorite part)

I originally left that out for playability and to keep things sounding "cleaner" in the LH, but that actually is pretty nifty to play with the RH. I've added a touch of it in!

Files updated!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

The OP has files for your Mega Man sheet! Looking forward to going over this one soon though, I love this piece and the file I downloaded before looked good~
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Latios212

Awesome sheet! I wrote this one out a long time ago but this is definitely neater for playing than my old one is. Here are my comments:

- The arpeggios in the original in first half of m. 5 outline Dm7 and G7b9 chords. How would you feel about incorporating those additional notes into the left hand? (e.g. play the seventh on beat 1.25/2.25 instead)
- In the second half of m. 6 (RH), the secondary voice jumping above the melody seems a bit disorienting to me on piano, despite them being laid out that way in the original. Thoughts on inverting downwards to keep the main melody on top as it is everywhere else?
- m. 12 beat 2 RH is actually a triplet beginning on D - did you intentionally simplify this to make it easier to lead into the tremolo?
- m. 15 LH beat 2: I hear G-G# instead of G#-A
- m. 16 LH beat 4.5: I hear another low G here
- m. 18 LH: I hear G on beat 1 and the octave of beats 2-2.5 flipped (I suppose this would apply to the coda measure as well)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Quote from: Latios212 on May 12, 2024, 11:53:08 AM- The arpeggios in the original in first half of m. 5 outline Dm7 and G7b9 chords. How would you feel about incorporating those additional notes into the left hand? (e.g. play the seventh on beat 1.25/2.25 instead)
hmm. I'm not sure I like that solution but I do see that there is room for improvement here. The 7th (C) in the Dm7 that low sounds too muddy for my liking, and that's not going to really change the chord quality as drastically as the next chord. For the G7b9 I've kept the arpeggio shape from the first beat but added in the notes from the original. Trying to play that Ab from the G was a little too prone to being "missed" for me. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Quote from: Latios212 on May 12, 2024, 11:53:08 AM- In the second half of m. 6 (RH), the secondary voice jumping above the melody seems a bit disorienting to me on piano, despite them being laid out that way in the original. Thoughts on inverting downwards to keep the main melody on top as it is everywhere else?
That seems unnecessary imo. Not only is it easier to play as written, it's how this specific iteration is meant to sound. We can always go play the GSC version if we long for that c:

Quote from: Latios212 on May 12, 2024, 11:53:08 AM- m. 12 beat 2 RH is actually a triplet beginning on D - did you intentionally simplify this to make it easier to lead into the tremolo?
Yes. Reaching down for the sounding D that starts the triplet would have made the jump much more demanding on the player, when it is essentially just an ornament.

Quote from: Latios212 on May 12, 2024, 11:53:08 AM- m. 15 LH beat 2: I hear G-G# instead of G#-A
- m. 16 LH beat 4.5: I hear another low G here
- m. 18 LH: I hear G on beat 1 and the octave of beats 2-2.5 flipped (I suppose this would apply to the coda measure as well)
-fixed
-fixed
-fixed

files updated. ty!

Latios212

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 14, 2024, 02:29:20 PMhmm. I'm not sure I like that solution but I do see that there is room for improvement here. The 7th (C) in the Dm7 that low sounds too muddy for my liking, and that's not going to really change the chord quality as drastically as the next chord. For the G7b9 I've kept the arpeggio shape from the first beat but added in the notes from the original. Trying to play that Ab from the G was a little too prone to being "missed" for me. Check it out and tell me what you think.
I think this works nicely! Agreed that the G7b9 is more important here and I think what you have now conveys that well while also being comfy to play.

Nothing to add onto the other comments, looks great to me!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle