News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Double Bar Lines

Started by JDMEK5, November 09, 2011, 04:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

How do you make a double bar line. (Notepad 2008)
I'm using it for a key change.

EDIT: How about braces? How do you put those in?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

triforced1

Click the "staff" icon, then right click the clef and it should say "add bracket."

For double bar lines, click the "measure" icon and then double click the measure you want to put the double bar line in.

JDMEK5

I can't seem to find either of those icons you're talking about... This is Notepad 2008, right?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

MasterProX

I don't think that can be done in Notepad 2008.

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

JDMEK5

Drat. So I'm going to have to ask someone else to do it for me, huh?

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

just post it here and I'll do it.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

K thanks. I don't have the time to upload it here now, but I'll keep you posted.
I'll give it to you as soon as possible.

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

K Olimar, here it is. And thanks! The key change is at measure 41.
And if you could just go over the little things like braces for me; there's only so much I can do with Notepad.
Of course, if you don't have the time, don't bother. The bar line is most important.

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

Just got my computer back-I'll get right on this.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Sorry for the double post, but its....well, more work than I thought-hang tight for a bit...

Olimar12345

Ok, here's what I believe is an accurate and playable version of "Wild Pokémon Battle" from B/W: MUS Midi

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

Anyways, it's been a while and I upgraded to Notepad 2012. Can I use double bar lines and braces now?

EDIT: Actually, I can't change keys halfway through at all, can I?

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 14, 2012, 11:52:11 AMEDIT: Actually, I can't change keys halfway through at all, can I?
Nope.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman