[NDS] Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs - "Ending Theme" by Naturematthe

Started by Zeta, June 16, 2023, 02:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kricketune54

• m66 Not hearing that lower RH layer as is. Sounds like Bb and Eb like the top layer but down an octave.
• m72 RH beat 4 is actually just a sextuplet, starting on the same note: Eb F G Bb Eb Bb
• m73, 77, 81, 85, if you listen closely RH 1.0 should be 16th length, there's a Bn on beat 1.25
• m74, 78, 82 RH 4.0 lower layer is a D major chord, so F# and Dn are what's there instead
• m80 RH upper layer 3.0 is An An Gn and F# D for beat 4
• m92 RH the 8va should end in m91, these notes are correct octave without the 8va

Kricketune54

Bumping for arranger, are you still around to make edits for this sheet? I don't believe there is much more review from me, and I'd be looking to approve this sheet for the next updater after you make updates from my 1/26/24 feedback.

Naturematthe

Quote from: Kricketune54 on January 26, 2024, 08:09:46 PM• m66 Not hearing that lower RH layer as is. Sounds like Bb and Eb like the top layer but down an octave.
Guess I misheard some of the drumbeats as notes there. Fixed.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on January 26, 2024, 08:09:46 PM• m72 RH beat 4 is actually just a sextuplet, starting on the same note: Eb F G Bb Eb Bb
• m73, 77, 81, 85, if you listen closely RH 1.0 should be 16th length, there's a Bn on beat 1.25
• m74, 78, 82 RH 4.0 lower layer is a D major chord, so F# and Dn are what's there instead
• m80 RH upper layer 3.0 is An An Gn and F# D for beat 4
• m92 RH the 8va should end in m91, these notes are correct octave without the 8va
Agreeing on closer inspection, fixed as well.

Thank you for your support and patience. If there are any other changes to make, I'll try to get them done a bit quicker than this time.

Kricketune54

This is getting to be nearly there. I had a few more things I spotted.

• In midst of this submission coming in, we did do a bit of a template overhaul. Would it be possible for you to change the tempo marking to align with the new NinSheet template? It may involve copying and pasting files, if you'd like, I can handle this.
• The credits could be a little more self contained, something like this as opposed to one long horizontal credit. with this change, you could also move the systems down a little.
Spoiler
[close]
    - as an aside, page 2 and page 5's top notes are a little high, so you could lower the systems a tiny bit, and achieve the same visual look this sheet had before moving the credit down.
• m2 and m72 beat 4 RH It's not perfect but this slur could look a little more consistent. Generally, slurs will not have a steep curve at any point.
Spoiler
[close]
•  m4 RH beat 3 hearing an F# similar to how there's a quarter note on beat 3 m5
• m30 RH relistening here, you could have beat 3 as a quarter note, and then have a 4 note 16th note figure emulating the run that takes place in the original (same instrument playing the melody)
• m50 this forte dynamic could be a bit more to the right (centered under/above beat 1's noteheads). Same applies for m73 and m81 as well
• m60, 62, 64 RH, I'm hearing a separate 8th note Eb on beat 3.5. Basically I hear a three note figure at end of measure instead of just the Fn and Gn
• m62 Rh beat 2 the Eb should be a Gn in this case
• m65 RH it's not technically going to be possible to hold that high Eb and then strike the Bb on beat 3. Maybe you could just write the Eb as a quarter note, but could add a tenuto symbol above it? This would indicate sort of a greater emphasis/implied length. Can hide beats 3-4 half rest as well if you decide to do this.
• m79-80 I think you could raise the 8va a little bit more to the same height as "loco". I think it's a little awkward looking currently
• m87-88 RH alternatively, 3 down arrow keys on this 8va, as it is a little high.
• m86 RH 2nd layer beat 4 hearing F# and Dn as the chord here as opposed to G#-En

Kricketune54