News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The "Replacing the Sheets Project" 1.0 - Current Target: Banjo-Kazooie

Started by Sebastian, December 27, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clanker37

Uhmm...Why did you change the key to G major/C Lydian?

Kirkhope hardly ever uses modes rather, he sticks to major and minor keys, so it is unlikely, given the context of the song, that this is in C Lydian. I think given the compositional and atmospheric style of the piece, that it is in C major. Kirkhope keeps his music melodically simple, so I think its more likely he intended C major over Lydian.

I can see how you thought it needed C Lydian, with no F's in the theme and occasional F#'s, however this is due to the chord changes Kirkhope employs. Banjo-Kazooie was written using the chord progression I - #IV since it sounds "kooky." (Analyse "Mumbo's Mountain's" main theme to see this). "Treasure Trove Cove" also does this during its B and C sections. Kirkhope also uses a I - bVI progression he uses in other songs, (e.g "Grunty Industries.") in the main melody. In this case, rather than an F#, it should be a Gb, given the change in chords.

Sorry if I got all technical on you, but this is a key signature we're talking about. Nothing could be of more importance.

Olimar12345

I agree with Clanker, change the key back to C and just use accidentals. C is tonic.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: Clanker37 on September 07, 2015, 12:25:37 AMUhmm...Why did you change the key to G major/C Lydian?
no F's in the theme and occasional F#'s
Actually, that's exactly what I was thinking. :P

Quote from: Clanker37 on September 07, 2015, 12:25:37 AMSorry if I got all technical on you, but this is a key signature we're talking about. Nothing could be of more importance.
No problem! And I agree, hence my decision to change it; it always worries me when I see an older sheet with a bunch of flats or sharps, but in C Major. I generally assume that the previous arranger didn't put in the proper Key Sig due to laziness.

Fixed!
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Sebastian

Sebastian

I decided to do Treasure Trove Cove from scratch:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9tw6h74odqlmal/Banjo-Kazooie%20-%20Treasure%20Trove%20Cove.mus?dl=1

All the songs are now done!

Sebastian

Status Update:

57 accepted, 21 needing reviewed, and 0 needing arranged.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

Status Update:

73 accepted, 5 needing reviewed, and 0 needing arranged.  :o

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Olimar12345

Project has been completed. Congrats all around! Topic is being archived, see you next mission!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!