Game: Balloon Kid
Console: Game Boy
Title: Boss Defeated
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Jacopo Tore

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

These are just things I noticed glancing at the PDF:

- I think it'd be good to include the intro, yes? It only plays after bosses and before the looping track you've transcribed, so I think it's worth having on the sheet
- copyright info should read as follows: Nintendo, Pax Softnica © 1990
- the sheet's title is fine, but the word "defeated" in the submission title needs to be capitalized
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

JacopoTore

Quote from: LeviR.star on June 20, 2022, 08:22:16 AMThese are just things I noticed glancing at the PDF:

- I think it'd be good to include the intro, yes? It only plays after bosses and before the looping track you've transcribed, so I think it's worth having on the sheet
- copyright info should read as follows: Nintendo, Pax Softnica © 1990
- the sheet's title is fine, but the word "defeated" in the submission title needs to be capitalized
ok thank you! I will do it

Static

The intro can be it's own "Boss Defeated Fanfare" sheet, though I don't really mind either way.

- m8 RH beat 4 should be F# instead of A#
- Still missing the Pax Softnica in the copyright. Should be "Nintendo, Pax Softnica © 1990" as Levi said.

Also, if you want, you can remove the natural signs in the key change. You can do this in Document > Document Options > Key Signatures > uncheck "Cancel outgoing key signature".

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on July 24, 2022, 10:43:17 AMThe intro can be it's own "Boss Defeated Fanfare" sheet, though I don't really mind either way.

I don't think that's necessary, Static, I fit it into one sheet just fine. My sheet may be a little old, but the intro is only three extra measures, bringing it up to four systems that fit nice and snug on the page. And I'm pretty sure the faux "snare roll" in the noise channel indicates they're part of the same piece. I mean, why else would they never play separate from each other in-game?

Up to you guys, of course. But as someone who knows this OST inside-and-out, I think we're missing out on an opportunity here.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

JacopoTore

Quote from: Static on July 24, 2022, 10:43:17 AMThe intro can be it's own "Boss Defeated Fanfare" sheet, though I don't really mind either way.

- m8 RH beat 4 should be F# instead of A#
- Still missing the Pax Softnica in the copyright. Should be "Nintendo, Pax Softnica © 1990" as Levi said.

Also, if you want, you can remove the natural signs in the key change. You can do this in Document > Document Options > Key Signatures > uncheck "Cancel outgoing key signature".

Did it

Static

Bloop

-m2: I hear the L.H. in beats 4-6 as legato instead of staccato.
-m3: It's probably best to add a double barline at the end of this measure, since these first 3 measures are pretty much its own section.
-m4-11: You could consider removing the ties from the Eb and F# in the L.H., so that they will be more present in later measures and so that the major seconds are more audible.
-Maybe you could rise all systems up a bit, as there's a lot of room between the arranger info and the first system, but very little between the copyright info and the last system.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Bloop on August 28, 2022, 03:19:15 AM-m2: I hear the L.H. in beats 4-6 as legato instead of staccato.
-m3: It's probably best to add a double barline at the end of this measure, since these first 3 measures are pretty much its own section.
-m4-11: You could consider removing the ties from the Eb and F# in the L.H., so that they will be more present in later measures and so that the major seconds are more audible.
-Maybe you could rise all systems up a bit, as there's a lot of room between the arranger info and the first system, but very little between the copyright info and the last system.

Ok did it, for the ties I prefer to leave, thank you

Bloop

Great! Then I'll accept!
You cannot view this attachment.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot